Price Check 1997 NH 1715 Price Check

/ 1997 NH 1715 Price Check #1  

McREBEL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920
I have been researching tractors for almost a year now and the tbn forum has been a big contributor. I finally have the ability to make a purchase. :cool2: I have come across a '97 New Holland 1715 4x4 with 1,296 hrs. No FEL. I haven't seen it in person yet. It looks pretty good in the pictures though. Is this price about right? If not, what should I offer? Any opinions on this tractor concerning durability and/or parts availability would be greatly appreciated too. It also has a trans pto. How much of a negative is this? This will be my first tractor purchase and I really don't want to mess this up. Thanks for any help.

/ 1997 NH 1715 Price Check
Good Grief. I guess it would be helpful if I included the asking price. $5,950

After sleeping on it I think I am going to pass on this one anyway. I finally had the ability to purchase, got the buying fever really bad, and was considering compromising on what I want. Which is: 4x4, hydrostatic, 25-30 hp, and FEL. I could forgo the FEL and add it later. The 1715 doesn't have a hydrostatic tranny.

/ 1997 NH 1715 Price Check #3  
The 1715 does not have a hydrostatic trany, but it is very reliable.

/ 1997 NH 1715 Price Check
Wolfy, I have read nothing but good things about the 17xx series. I found a 1720 SSS which has shuttle shift and I believe live pto. I was really interested but the price was too high ($5,000) for the condition the sheet metal was in. It was really pretty rough looking and had 5,000 hrs.