1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #1  

ronsgto

Tractor
1998 2120
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 1998 New Holland 2120 with shutle shift. Not sure if that's what New Holland calls it but as you know should be able to from Forward to Revers without using clutch. Well I can but when I do shift it just goes into neutral or feels like neutral for atleast 5-7 seconds a real delay. Is there some kind of adjustment that I am missing don't thinks so. Has a control module and a couple of solenoids on top of trans.

Thanks in advance for help. :confused:

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #2  
Perhaps a filter or fluid change will help??

90cummins

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #3  
Do you have a rabbit-turtle switch EHSS model? My 2120 in turtle takes a couple of seconds to reverse, much quicker in rabbit mode. It does sound like a sticking servo otherwise. But mine has worked perfect the 8 yrs I've owned it so no repairs to help me analyze. Let us know how it comes out.
Jim

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear
Do you have a rabbit-turtle switch EHSS model? My 2120 in turtle takes a couple of seconds to reverse, much quicker in rabbit mode. It does sound like a sticking servo otherwise. But mine has worked perfect the 8 yrs I've owned it so no repairs to help me analyze. Let us know how it comes out.

Jim
It does have that switch I thought it would change your speed it don't seem to make any difference.

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #5  
It is intended to change the speed of the hydraulic engagement only. Turtle is a bit slow for me, rabbit about right. Turtle may be slightly easier on the internals as its a bit softer engaging.
Jim

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear
That's what I thought the turtle swith was for but are you aware of the problem I am speaking about. It is very slow when switching from reverse to forward.

Thanks

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #7  
As I said, I've not experienced that delay. Send me a PM and I'll copy some pages out of the service book for the EHSS and send them to you.
Jim

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #8  
I've owned my 2120 since 2000. I did use the turtle/rabbit function and noticed the 2-3 second delay. Recently, I found an adjustment knob for that speed under my seat. Hope that helps

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #9  
I have identical problem! Wondering if you ever fixed the problem. I bought my tractor in Scramento,CA through craiglists. Can anyone help with this Jerky tractor?
Thanks,
Andrew

/ 1998 New Holland 2120 Shuttle Shift slow to go into gear #10  
Ford 2120 HSS- Problem slow engaging in gears and then snap / jerk in
forward or reverse. I am hoping it is not the clutch pack.