1st big snow of 2016 this weekend

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #81  
Pushing the snow off of the pavement on the pavement.png

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #82  
Snow got too wet for the snow blower so I had to trail blaze with the Kubota 3700.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #84  
Admiring the 12+ hr of handiwork with the loader.....you can see the piles all the way down the driveway!!!!!

Attachments

• Snow 3.JPG
    Snow 3.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 220
   / 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #85  
Admiring the 12+ hr of handiwork with the loader.....you can see the piles all the way down the driveway!!!!!

you need a rear blade. It would help a lot. I got one last year...wish I had done it sooner.

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #86  
Got about 28 here near Annapolis . I am in the burbs And I plow snow in the winter . Now its amazing how many people called and asked me to plow out their road or their long driveway . How they just couldnt handle it cause it was so deep . But its more amazing when I told them I am out doing parking lots , but when I am done I could get over in a day or 2 . And my minimum charge is $ 200 . There was always some silence , then OH , I thought you could help us out . I just tell them , this is how I pay my bills , and I am swamped with paying work .

One guy was dont you thing thats a little high for 1/2 hours work . And I told him " Yes its a half an hour with the tractor , with a shovel its a entire day , so I am doing a days work for $ 200 . And my back wont hurt for a week .
He laughed and said " put me on your list"

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #87  
Now I know I was under charging! We got 30 inches and I did a 500 foot driveway for dinner. A 100 ft driveway for $50 (but they gave me $80). A 300 ft driveway for $100 (didn't ask, they just handed it to me) and a 50 foot driveway for $15. And a bunch more for free! I had fun though.

And for the first time in 10 years, I'm giddy about how my set up performed! I've tried just about everything for deep snow and ended up with just a snow bucket and a few weights on the back tucked in close. I built a partial enclosure (everything but a windshield since it would just get covered with snow) and it was sooooo much more comfortable than a completely open station. Can't wait for the next storm!

Some pictures of my set up...

loflin snow bucket1.jpgloflin snow bucket2.jpg

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #88  
I thought I posted this, but couldn't find it. Neighbor shot this of me clearing his driveway. The last 3 days have been fun. Sunday was driveways and church parking lot. First two days this week were "take a tractor to work" days to get our places of business open after our snow removal guy fell on his sword.

Long Bob_zps1dwsz52i.mp4 Video by jim_miller7 | Photobucket

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #89  
I am in the Balto , washington , Annapolis corridor . Its very expensive here . Nothing is cheap . I am going out again to push back piles and its 6 days after the storm .

/ 1st big snow of 2016 this weekend #90  
Snow got too wet for the snow blower so I had to trail blaze with the Kubota 3700.

Now I finally understand why so many TBN posters say that a bucket is slow for snow removal. Looks like that took a while!