2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290

/ 2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290 #31  
use R22, or change it all and install R407c is what I would do

/ 2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290
Update: Made a trade with a neighbor that had a 30# jug of 134a for his field machinery (Ag Tractors and trucks) I evacuated for 2-1/2 hrs and put the 134 charge slowly till I got the evaporator coils chilled and the suction line to the compressor cool. I used approximately 3lbs. Now I'm aware the efficiency won't as great. It brought the house down temps to 75 deg when it was 100 deg outside. I'm okay with that. Also aware of the metering may be not correct (I've the little orifice tubes) so can't adjust that. There's no guarantee on any thing i've done here and I might get home tonite and find my compressor seized up. Yes, this is a "Hack". On hot sunday afternoon you do what you gotta do. Todays forecast is for 105 deg.

/ 2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290
Part of the problem is HVAC suppliers around here refuse to sell to anyone who doesn't have a HVAC license so most have to get multiple bids from HVAC installers who are going to mark units up based on what they think the market will bear.
Exactly, the same around my area. The service companies are desperate for help and they're destroying their reputations with crappy bungling service. I'm probably gonna drop $1000 on recovery machine and tanks just for the occasional use. I figure the thousand dollars would be only two service calls. I'm always doin' my maintenance work on the weekends so I have to be tooled up. I'll try not to rant here, but I can't see paying enormous amount of money for any complete new system with whatever refrigerant choice of the day only to be hung out to dry for replacement refrigerant in a couple of years. I can only hope common sense will take over with different controlling agencies. Maybe at some point they'll realize that "we do vote".

/ 2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290 #34  
Thought we were discussing a R22 system, Not a 134 A system LOL
Who knows, It may run for 10 min or 10 yrs LOL

/ 2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290 #35  
I am going to assume that being on this forum you have and use a tractor. So, have you considered putting in underground 4 inch pipes to circulate air thru an heat exchanger to get cool air in the house. Might be useful year round. ???????

/ 2 Ton Goodman HVAC with 15' of lines retrofitting R-22 to R-290 #36  
Not a expert but have used what is call NU22 in place of R22. They say to vacuum it down and put it in same at R22 and not to mix them but I have and it worked. Hope this helps.

This is 422B, it has a significant capacity loss.

407C is the best IMO