'20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...??

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #1  

mtsman2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510, Yanmar F22D, JD 2305
Long story short, my local dealer has a Max 26xlt with Ag tires (i must have Ag tires). It arrived to their lot in August 2020 and has the curved boom, rigid and flexible lines, Korean Built, model max26L. 5 photos are just below and my questions at the very bottom of post
IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg
IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg
IMG_2930.jpg

On the other side of the lot, they have another Max 26xlt (with industrial tires) that arrived this spring and has a straight boom, larger knees, thicker tubing, all flexible lines, beefier hose mounts on the hydraulic cylinders, made in USA model maxlt26L. Second set of 5 photos just below and my questions at the bottom of the post.

IMG_2931.jpg
IMG_2933.jpg
IMG_2936.jpg
IMG_2935.jpg
IMG_2937.jpg

If you compare the two sets of photos you can see considerable differences. The USA build unit just looks heavier duty.

A new brochure was on hand for the MXLT26L. Out of curiosity, the dealer pulled a 2018 brochure for the same MXLT26L. Every specification was exactly the same in the 2018 literature vs the current literature. The dealer is sharp and they said there has not been any info. from Mahindra about a change in loader manufacture nor specifications for the MXLT26L...?? So I figured I would post up looking for answers.

Why is there a new USA built loader on the 2021 models? Has anyone had issues with the Korean/curved boom loader? Those hydraulic fittings on the Korean built cylinders just look wimpy compared to the USA unit along with several other features. I prefer the USA built loader but it comes with the 2021 tractor which has industrial tires. They wont switch out the industrial tires/wheel (for the ag tires/wheels) with the new, USA built loader. Remember than the loader warranty is ONLY 1 year.

You will also notice the grille guard on the 2020 model says "Max XL" and the 2021 model says "Mahindra". Both engines are the same, both hoods say Max 26XLT, both are HST. I don't think this matters but do any of you have grill guard with the "Max XL" wording and can confirm you do have a Max 26 XLT?

Last edited:
   / '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #2  
Not sure if it’s still the case but the max series was a Mitsubishi made tractor. They were shipped to the US and asssembled using US manufactured loaders and backhoes. KMW and Ameriquip were the names I recall. Don’t know if the 2 models you’re looking at are still made by MHI and not familiar with the Korean loader

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #3  
It looks like the sticker in one of your pictures shows the loader was made by KMW. That’s who made mine and I’ve been very happy with it.

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #4  
There have been several posts on the board with various problems with the Max series. IMO more than most other models, but that could be due to more sales of the Max series than other series as well.

Since the loader gets the most abuse, I'd have the dealer swap the ag tires over to the '21 model with the USA loader and get that one.

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...??
... They were shipped to the US and asssembled using US manufactured loaders and backhoes.

Thx. The first set of photos shows the Korean made loader. Not manufactured in US.

The second set of photos is the USA made loader. I can only add 10 photos to a post and my 11th photo was the red, white and blue sticker saying "made in usa" but it would not upload.
KMW and Ameriquip were the names I recall. Don’t know if the 2 models you’re looking at are still made by MHI and not familiar with the Korean loader

Little confused by your "not familiar with the Korean loader" so just to clarify, the KMW It is NOT manufactured in the US, says it right on the label that its made in Korea. And, in the next post (#3) you say you actually have the KMW loader so you have a Korean manufactured loader. Hearing that you are happy with it is one of the things I needed to hear, TY.

Last edited:
   / '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...??
There have been several posts on the board with various problems with the Max series. IMO more than most other models, but that could be due to more sales of the Max series than other series as well.

Since the loader gets the most abuse, I'd have the dealer swap the ag tires over to the '21 model with the USA loader and get that one.
I only looked back a year so now I am going dig deeper for "various problem" posts with the Max, TY.

Already asked about a swap. As I stated in my OP, they were not willing to switch out the USA loader onto the Ag tire unit, Ugh!

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #7  
Thx. The first set of photos shows the Korean made loader. Not manufactured in US.

The second set of photos is the USA made loader. I can only add 10 photos to a post and my 11th photo was the red, white and blue sticker saying "made in usa" but it would not upload.

Little confused by your "not familiar with the Korean loader" so just to clarify, the KMW It is NOT manufactured in the US, says it right on the label that its made in Korea. And, in the next post (#3) you say you actually have the KMW loader so you have a Korean manufactured loader. Hearing that you are happy with it is one of the things I needed to hear, TY.
KMW, Kansas Machine Works, not made in Korea.

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #8  
Already asked about a swap. As I stated in my OP, they were not willing to switch out the USA loader onto the Ag tire unit, Ugh!
What about the other way around? Put the ag tires on the USA loader unit?

/ '20 Max 26xlt has Korean loader, '21 Max 26xlt has USA loader, both have same EXACT specs...why the change...?? #9  
I only looked back a year so now I am going dig deeper for "various problem" posts with the Max, TY.

I can understand them not wanting to swap loaders. But if they refuse to just swap tires with no reasonable excuse I would say they just aren't customer oriented enough to deserve your business.

KMW, Kansas Machine Works, not made in Korea.
hey, good catch! Went back to the photo and read the fine print. The loader is Made in Korea, but not produced by KMW, my error. Its made by Ansung industries. See photo. Gosh those letters are small. So thats at least 3, maybe 4 different manufacturers of loaders for the Max 26xlt.

IMG_2923.jpg

I will correct my post for doneill.