2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks?

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #21  
I've managed to slightly bend/distort one of my forks. I do so much stuff I cannot recall how. They're rated for 3k lbs: my Kioti's loader is rated at 2,700 lbs- max load, with forks, is closer to about 2,300 lbs. 48" long. Sometimes the length can be a pain when working with pallets- tips will extend further out and catch other stuff (when you're lifting heavy stuff you want the load as close to the loader as you can go). One can be surprised at how springy things feel with a load! (heavier forks might be less springy, but there's also the loader springing going on and or tire flexing and axle rocking)

Reminds me that I need to fix my front camera. Tractors and pallet forks aren't a lot of fun when you cannot see fork tips!

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #22  
wrong tool for the job, continue to do it myself through the years, though more cautious now.

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #23  
One thing to consider is that you can get really wide fork carriers too (if you search around). While you probably are going to have to get something that is rated for more than what your tractor is rated for, the extra width can be really useful for moving long floppy things like tree branches and composite lumber.

With my regular forks, 20 foot Trex boards would sag down a couple feet on either side. When I trim my trees if I can balance a wide load of fir branches it's a lot easier to move than when they are flopping or falling off one side.

Just some things that you may not have considered. Forks are useful for a lot of things other than lifting heavy loads.

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #24  
Useful for other things than lifting heavy loads...

Attachments

• TractorAsSawHorse.jpg
    TractorAsSawHorse.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • fork_use.jpg
    fork_use.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 210

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #25  
I have had good luck with Titan pallet forks out of Georgia. Bought a couple pairs from them. Bent one lifting a boulder. Sent them a picture. They sent me another one free of charge. Shipping was always free. Haven’t bought from them in a couple years because I have what I need now. I imagine prices have gone up, but they were the cheapest, products were well built and they stood behind their product. I didn’t think the 4k forks weighed significantly more than the 2k forks. My initial sets were clamp on for FEL. Finally got. Frame with forks for the skidsteer

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #26  
Went through the same with the L3800 purchase...

I wanted the light duty and dealer had both but strongly suggested going heavy duty because the tractor could not damage.

He was right as I went with the specs fix box blade and have had several warranty replacement parts yet bought appropriately.

Often hard to fault going stronger except with forks you do loose some carrying capacity in the trade.

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #27  
To me, 4000# forks are overkill (and probably too heavy, spending capacity) if the loader can only heft 2700#, but the 2000# forks are probably not enough. Can you order a 3000# model?

On a side note, I just bought Land Pride forks for my Kubota. They have several models jumping in about 1000# increments. The 2000# and 3000# models have the same frame and only differ in the forks themselves. The 4000# models have beefier frame and forks (but weigh much more).

/ 2000 lb or 4000 lb pallet forks? #28  
I don’t remember how much the Landpride forks I bought exceed loader capacity but based on LP box blade I glad I took dealer advice and went beefier.