2001 GMC Yukon XL heater hoses

/ 2001 GMC Yukon XL heater hoses #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I took the truck to Pep boys to get them to look at the coolant leak it has had for a year. While in New Mexico last August I found a leak and after studying the situation I detemined that it was not the water pump but rather coming out of the thermostat housing around the gasket, maybe the bottom of a heater hose. However Pep boys a couple of weeks ago found that the water pump was leaking, so the replaced that and and also put a new thermostat (again) and flushed the system. I asked that they change out the heater hoses and they said they can't do it, that it had to be done at the dealer because of the connectors.

Anybody run into this? If I take it to the dealer are they going to have to change out the coolant once again? I hate to go back on a long trip next month with those 12 year old heater hoses on there. All the other other hoses have been changed out.

/ 2001 GMC Yukon XL heater hoses #2  
I took the truck to Pep boys to get them to look at the coolant leak it has had for a year. While in New Mexico last August I found a leak and after studying the situation I detemined that it was not the water pump but rather coming out of the thermostat housing around the gasket, maybe the bottom of a heater hose. However Pep boys a couple of weeks ago found that the water pump was leaking, so the replaced that and and also put a new thermostat (again) and flushed the system. I asked that they change out the heater hoses and they said they can't do it, that it had to be done at the dealer because of the connectors.

Anybody run into this? If I take it to the dealer are they going to have to change out the coolant once again? I hate to go back on a long trip next month with those 12 year old heater hoses on there. All the other other hoses have been changed out.

Any reputable shop will have the tools to release the hoses from the connectors.

Surprised they did not have them,

If you telk the shop the coolant is new, they should use clean pans,