2001 TC33D battery corrosion: known issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 2001 TC33D battery corrosion: known issue? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
I'm having trouble with severe battery terminal corrosion on my 2001 NH TC 33D as described in the Best Tractor Battery / charging system issues? in the Parts/Repairs subforum.

It has corroded away the lug on my positive battery cable twice (maybe 3 times, I can't remember). Is this a known issue with the TC33D of that era? I thought I remembered reading about it here years ago, but can't find it now.

I don't want to duplicate the other thread, I just thought I'd check here if it was something known to be a problem.

/ 2001 TC33D battery corrosion: known issue? #2  
Don't know the specifics, but are you saying the positive post cable end is disintegrating on your battery, several times now?
What readings do you get if you put a VOM cross the posts of your battery?
This sure sounds strange to me....

/ 2001 TC33D battery corrosion: known issue?
Yes, it's corroding away. It's the second (or maybe the third, I forget) time this has happened in the 15 years I've owned the tractor. I've never had this happen EVER on any other vehicle, including a couple other tractors. The other thread has more details. The first time(s) it happened, the dealer said the charging system was OK. I've checked it with a VOM in the past, but not recently -- don't remember the values. I can;t check now, because tractor is at the dealer's getting hydraulics for a grapple installed.

/ 2001 TC33D battery corrosion: known issue? #4  
Here's a suggestion. Click on the little triangle at the bottom left, and ask the administration to close this thread, after posting a link to the other thread. There's no sense having two threads going about the same issue.

Curious as to why you're not having the dealer look at the issue while it's there?

Curious as to why you're not having the dealer look at the issue while it's there?

I have asked the dealer. But since they apparently didn't correct the problem the first time it happened, when I also asked them to check it out, I'm not holding my breath that they will find the problem. They've been great on support when I've had a problem otherwise.

Per Coyote Machine's suggestion, I have asked site admin to close this thread. Comments can be posted in this thread (also linked in first post): Best Tractor Battery / charging system issues?

My original intent for this thread was just to find out if this was a known issue for TC33 tractors of this era. I remember reading something about it, but that was 10-15 years ago. I can't find the threads now.

Status
Not open for further replies.