2007 JD 2305 Mower Deck Lift

/ 2007 JD 2305 Mower Deck Lift #1  

butchy

Tractor
JD2305
I recently saw a video showing a 2305 lifting the mower deck by using the 4 way FEL joystick. You would move joystick left and raised the deck, and pulling right would lower deck. Mine will not do that. I must use the 3 point hitch lever to raise/lower my 54C deck. Am I not doing something? Thanks very much.

/ 2007 JD 2305 Mower Deck Lift #2  
You need the Independent Lift Kit which is a hydraulic cylinder with a hose and maybe some mounting hardware. The mechanical lift with the 3-point hitch is removed so the 3-point arms stay put when you raise/lower the mower deck. I plugged the Lift Kit hose into the Black hydraulic port because I like to pull back on stick to raise and push forward to lower. I flipped the "L" bracket on the right side by the right rear tire (How to do this was in the User Manual) so float is full forward stick. I didn't have a loader. The Lift Kit was about $150 back in 2006. Now, it is a lot more.

Last edited:
   / 2007 JD 2305 Mower Deck Lift #3  
Now this is VERY interesting. Would this kit fit a 2210? More detail on the hydraulic connection would be helpful.

I have a 2004 2210 and the mechanical linkage for raising the deck is a real half-assed arrangement. If the 3 pt arms are not connected to anything, then they drift inward and don’t engage the tab that lifts the deck. I’m going to have to look into getting one of these kits, since the 2210 and 2305 are essentially the same machine.