Price Check 2008 TC26DA

/ 2008 TC26DA #1  

jakubx80

Tractor
Simplicity Conquest 23hp
Hi there,

First post.

I'm looking at potentially purchasing a 2008 TC26DA with 640 hrs on it. The tractor comes with a loader but no mid mower.
I know very little about tractors and nothing about NH. The price tag is $7k.
Was it a good tractor and is it a good deal?

I'm looking mostly to mow 3 acres (i guess I'd get a 3pt tow behind mower), clearing land out of brush, grading and snow removal.

/ 2008 TC26DA #2  
Hi.

I have the same tractor only the 24DA. Purchased from a collector with loader and NIB mmm. Buy it if its in good shape they are a real nice machine.

/ 2008 TC26DA #3  
Here is mine with 279 hours. IMG_0524(1).jpg

/ 2008 TC26DA #4  
Hello, and welcome to TBN. The hours seem about right for a tractor of that vintage and if it has four wheel drive it should push snow just fine. If it's in reasonably good shape the prise isn't bad, either. I don't know if a mid mount mower was an option on that model but it is certainly a large enough tractor to handle a five foot rotary mower behind it. It wouldn't work well on the lawn but is great for clearing brush. I did find some information about your proposed tractor on tractordata.com TractorData.com New Holland TC26DA tractor information

/ 2008 TC26DA #5  
I have a Case DX26. Same tractor but red.

I bought mine used with 2-300 hours for a lot more four years ago.

It a great machine with more than 600 hours now.

The only thing I broke is the diff lock.

For winter time, think about changing engine and hydraulic oil for synthetic.

I use a 64 inch snowblower.

Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited:
   / 2008 TC26DA
Thank you all for comments.

/ 2008 TC26DA #7  
I have an 06 TC26DA, about 880 hours. It's a good tractor but the tranny case cracked on me a couple years ago, and that is one major expense to have replaced. Now I'm worried about it cracking again. The dealer said that that kind of thing seldom happens on tractors without hoes. I don't have a backhoe on mine, and I think it's generally been used pretty lightly. Before buying, get under the tractor and look for any oil drips, especially around the axles going into the transmission. Clean underneath and look carefully for tiny cracks. I don't think this is something that is endemic to this tractor, but I'd still take a careful look.

Definitely go with the synthetic fluid, especially if you plan on using the tractor in cold weather.

When you change or add engine oil, be EXTREMELY CAREFUL about putting oil in. Leave the dipstick OUT and pour the oil very SLOWLY. I play it extra safe and give it 10-15 minutes before I try to start the tractor. Pouring the oil fast can cause oil to lock up in the upper part of the engine somewhere and ruin the engine. There is a service bulletin out on it from quite a few years ago. Mice can get behind the dash and raise **** with your wiring there. They were kind enough to (barely) leave me enough wire for my fuel gauge to be able to splice a new piece on.

I have an RFM for mine and given the work involved with mid mount mowers, I don't think I'd ever get one for the TC26DA. A 60 inch or larger mid mount doesn't make it easy to get at blades and such, and while it's not easy with the RFM, at least I can do it. Don't lose any small parts. They cost an arm and a leg.

If all is well, that is a very good price for one of these. What kind of land do you have? These are a little on the tippy side, so you have to be careful.