2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator???

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator??? #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Well I just fired up the DK50 after using it a ton during the big snow storm beginning of January 2022 and I was grinding a stump to make passage for cement truck Monday morning (*gonna pout footers for addition) and I discovered Oil dripping from the grill and all over the gravel.
I quickly finished grinding less than perfectly and re-parked the tractor. Cursory look and I can't see anything. it is clear almost with a tiny tint of tea color, smells like clean oil, but its everywhere in front of the radiator?

What did I do now!!!???

Thanks in advance,
David

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator??? #2  
If it's leaking up around the grill area on a HST, its likely the transmission cooler or lines near it.

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator???
If it's leaking up around the grill area on a HST, its likely the transmission cooler or lines near it.
That makes sense. it was also a bit sluggish. I stopped grinding... LOL...

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator??? #4  
My CK 30 HST split the transmission cooler as it had been incorrectly fitted. The oil was sucked back through the radiator and damaged the alternator which was unfixable. Expensive repair all up.

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator??? #5  
Hope the fix is not too expensive

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator??? #6  
This is probably one of the better type of oil leaks you can have.

Did you continued grinding after checking hydraulic and motor oil levels, ensuring you wouldn’t blow up the tractor? Any of them low? Did you skip that and rely on the tractor acting a little sluggish to let you know you’re running out of oil?

Last edited:
This is probably one of the better type of oil leaks you can have.

Did you continued grinding after checking hydraulic and motor oil levels, ensuring you wouldn’t blow up the tractor? Any of them low? Did you skip that and rely on the tractor acting a little sluggish to let you know you’re running out of oil?
I stopped grinding, moved the tractor to its normal parking spot and shut it down hopefully before any additional damage could occur...

I still consider myself a bit of a n00b, but not as pathetic as I was 10 years ago, LOL...

Not my first mechanical issue etc...

Be well,
David

/ 2011 DK50 - Oil leaking in front of radiator??? #8  
Although there are several products on the market targeting DIY leak stops, the best course of action would be taking your car to a shop, because properly identifying the underlying cause is crucial.

krunker

Although there are several products on the market targeting DIY leak stops, the best course of action would be taking your car to a shop, because properly identifying the underlying cause is crucial.

krunker
Yes. I will be getting a tech to come work on my Tractor.

Yes, it was the transmission oil cooler sprang a leak.