2014 GM Truck Recall

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #2  
Thanks for posting.:rotfl:

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #3  
Awesome that they issued a voluntary recall and you can get it fixed even before you get the letter. We all know there are problems and it is refreshing to see something done proactively about it...

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #4  
Well I have 2007 Silverado with a 5.3 AFM engine that uses 1 qt of oil every 2k miles. GM's response is to claim that is acceptable oil consumption. Don't pat them on the back too hard.

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #5  
The Silverado and Sierra — which are made at GM’s plants in Silao, Mexico and Ft. Wayne, Ind
I guess you can't call them USA made any more.

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #6  
Well I have 2007 Silverado with a 5.3 AFM engine that uses 1 qt of oil every 2k miles. GM's response is to claim that is acceptable oil consumption. Don't pat them on the back too hard.

Not joking about any of the following:

You are doing fairly well actually, as some guys seem to be closer to 1 qt/1000 miles.

Even a life-long GM fan I know laughed when I said "My theory is GM put a 2 stroke motor into production, and they just haven't told anybody !". I've actually meant to sit down and calculate the ratio.... it may not be that far off what you can do with a modern 2 stroke.

I won't be surprised if the latest SN oil specs were defined (reduced phoshorus/zinc) with non-publicized consideration of how much oil these new "enviro" motors were putting out the tailpipe.

Rgds, D.

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #8  
I guess you can't call them USA made any more.

Sadly this has happen. On a good note, it's an easy fix. Not like a replacement part due to failure. Crew cab 1/2 tons have been made in Mexico for many years now. I've urged people on here to look inside the driver door on the crew's to see if the truck was built at Flint Assembly in Michigan or Silao, Mexico.

/ 2014 GM Truck Recall #10  
I work at GM dealer and we have been doing reprograms on 14 almost 3 weeks ago on stock units for this.