2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid

/ 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid #1  

liberty2701

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti Dk50se hst
Hello,
I have had my tractor since new and have about 800 hrs. Not one problem until now. Occasionally the starter solenoid will not engage. I verified that it is getting power when this happens, so it is the solenoid. I am having trouble locating just a solenoid. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had a problem with their solenoid?

/ 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid #2  
Check your connections. A volt meter will often read full voltage across a dirty or corroded connection, but may not allow the required current across the connection.

Last edited:
   / 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid
Check your connections. I volt meter will often read full voltage across a dirty or corroded connection, but may not allow the required current across the connection.
All the connections appear corrosion free from the battery to the starter. Tractor is also parked indoors. Could a starter relay allow less than full voltage to the solenoid at different times?

/ 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid #4  
All the connections appear corrosion free from the battery to the starter. Tractor is also parked indoors. Could a starter relay allow less than full voltage to the solenoid at different times?
A flaky relay can allow sporadic starting issues like you described as well. Just to note, I had similar case with my old Massey. All connections "looked" good so I bought a new starter (couldn't find just a solenoid). Still had same issue, so I actually disconnected the the battery cables at both ends and cleaned them up anyhow. Problem solved. So I would suggest that you double check both ends of the cables, also you might try swapping out relays with one that looks the same and try that first.

Others on site have mentioned ignition switch problems on the DKs as well so you might try some contact cleaner in the switch before springing for a new starter. Good luck!

A flaky relay can allow sporadic starting issues like you described as well. Just to note, I had similar case with my old Massey. All connections "looked" good so I bought a new starter (couldn't find just a solenoid). Still had same issue, so I actually disconnected the the battery cables at both ends and cleaned them up anyhow. Problem solved. So I would suggest that you double check both ends of the cables, also you might try swapping out relays with one that looks the same and try that first.

Others on site have mentioned ignition switch problems on the DKs as well so you might try some contact cleaner in the switch before springing for a new starter. Good luck!
I just went to start the tractor and it did it again. I swapped the plugs on the starter relay and its started instantly. Not sure if it was coincidence or causation being the problem is intermittent anyway.

/ 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid #6  
Well if it started right up you didn't break it right. Take it to the farthest corner of your property and it will hopefully break down the right way.

/ 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid #7  
Wasn't there also something about the cable corroding from the inside causing starting issues? Seem to remember it being a thing here, but can't remember the models and years affected.

Well, so much for that. It wouldn't start again. It's not the relay. The battery cables are clean. The solenoid is getting 12.6 v when turning the key to start. If I jump across the solenoid it starts right up. That tells me the solenoid is bad. Any more thoughts?

/ 2014 Kioti DK50se starter solenoid #10  
Was there no solenoid available specifically for your model of tractor, or did you do a cross-reference to decide on this one? Or maybe it’s just a WAG?😬