2015 Branson 3520r (McCormick X1.35x) PTO won't engage

/ 2015 Branson 3520r (McCormick X1.35x) PTO won't engage #1  

Cornerz

Tractor
McCormick X1.35
My x1.35 suffered a catastrophic steering cylinder failure back in early summer. I had the cylinder repaired and it works great. Today was the first time I attempted to use the PTO, and it will not work. I get the correct lights when I select IND or LINK on the PTO clutch switch. I also get 12v at the PTO Solenoid Valve on the side of the PTO valve when the PTO clutch switch is selected to either IND or Link. Relays are good, fuse is good. I've tested it with the PTO lever in the up, down and neutral positions - the shaft spins free in neutral, and is locked in up or down position.

I mention the steering cylinder issue because the steering valve supplies pressure to the PTO valve hydraulics. Is there any chance that something in the PTO Hydraulic Valve got contaminated by debris from the steering cylinder failure? Any other thoughts on what may be wrong?

My plan is to test that I am in fact getting pressure from the steering valve to the PTO valve, and to pull the solenoid and confirm that it does shuttle when the switch sends power to the electromagnet. Am I missing something simple?

/ 2015 Branson 3520r (McCormick X1.35x) PTO won't engage #2  
I think you're on the right track about debris jamming up the spools inside the PTO valve block but test the solenoid anyway since it's easier and less messy.