2015 Yukon XL

/ 2015 Yukon XL
We have owned it for a little over 7 months now. I fixed the middle DVD player (flipped the ribbon) and replaced the rear gate struts. Both relatively easy jobs. We made a long tow with it this weekend, a little over 500 miles. With 2 horses, trailer and gear we were just under 6k lbs. It averaged right at 11mpg.
IMG_0400.JPG

/ 2015 Yukon XL #42  
We have owned it for a little over 7 months now. I fixed the middle DVD player (flipped the ribbon) and replaced the rear gate struts. Both relatively easy jobs. We made a long tow with it this weekend, a little over 500 miles. With 2 horses, trailer and gear we were just under 6k lbs. It averaged right at 11mpg. View attachment 714093
Do you have the 5.3 motor of the 6.2 ??

/ 2015 Yukon XL
Do you have the 5.3 motor of the 6.2 ??

The 5.3. So far it is doing well. Looks a bit loaded down in the picture but the rear was sitting in a small dip in the concrete. It unfortunately has the 3.08 gear ratio, but doesn’t seem to hinder it too bad towing.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #45  
Do all the GM 6.2 engines require piremium gas?
I don't believe so. Rarely used premium in my 12 Ecalade and my Previous 13 1500 Denali 6.2. I think the hotter Cadillac/Corvette 6.2's want premium.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #46  
Do all the GM 6.2 engines require premium gas?
It states in the owners manual premium gas preferred.I have the 6.2 with the 10 speed .

Attachments

• tempImagejhqOp6.jpg
    tempImagejhqOp6.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 481

/ 2015 Yukon XL #47  
Do all the GM 6.2 engines require premium gas?
As mentioned above it's recommended. My 6.2 (2016 Yukon Denali) had terrible spark knock on 87 so it pulled the timing and reduced the power substantially.
With a good tank of premium, it was a rocket ship.

Two totally different driving experiences based simply on the octane of the gas in the tank.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #48  
The 5.3. So far it is doing well. Looks a bit loaded down in the picture but the rear was sitting in a small dip in the concrete. It unfortunately has the 3.08 gear ratio, but doesn’t seem to hinder it too bad towing.
Nice vehicle.... we actually were looking at similar and for similar reasons, but ended up going with a '16 Toyota Sequoia because we were offered a much better deal.

I have a '14 GMC 5.3L that I generally love. Transmission went at 98K, but that was a known and warrantied issue for the first model year. My truck has since run like a top since that issue was resolved.

I'm not saying it is a good idea, but if you fancy going down a rabbit hole check out the multitude of catch-can/Direct Injection/EGR threads over on gm-trucks. As far as I know the jury is still out, or maybe still arguing the validity of aftermarket money traps. That being said, I did add a Mann-Hummel Pro-Vent filter on mine and change the filter regularly. Lol, still couldn't tell you if I'm throwing money away on needless/unwarranted "reassurance" or not.

/ 2015 Yukon XL
Nice vehicle.... we actually were looking at similar and for similar reasons, but ended up going with a '16 Toyota Sequoia because we were offered a much better deal.

I have a '14 GMC 5.3L that I generally love. Transmission went at 98K, but that was a known and warrantied issue for the first model year. My truck has since run like a top since that issue was resolved.

I'm not saying it is a good idea, but if you fancy going down a rabbit hole check out the multitude of catch-can/Direct Injection/EGR threads over on gm-trucks. As far as I know the jury is still out, or maybe still arguing the validity of aftermarket money traps. That being said, I did add a Mann-Hummel Pro-Vent filter on mine and change the filter regularly. Lol, still couldn't tell you if I'm throwing money away on needless/unwarranted "reassurance" or not.

I am a big fan of the Tundra and Sequoia. We owned a 2013 Tundra. Great truck, plenty of room and power.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #50  
Truthfully, while I love my truck.... if I could get a Sequoia with the same tow capabilities as my GMC I would be sold. I occasionally car camp for work and fun and take the wife's Sequoia because I can fold the 2nd and 3rd rows flat and sleep spatiously with room to spare for gear.