2016 College Football Season and Playoff

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff
Good for Notre Dame, not so much for Oregon. Paul Finebaum (SEC analyist, ESPN) called him a "miserable human being" on how he handles his players and staff. I think that was just a tad over the top statement however, Kelly doesn't create a positive approach to issues as a coach. He just blows up and throws a tantrum. Its hard for anyone to improve performance with that behavior.

And he is the reason a student died at ND. Not to mention the 2 players who he allowed to play in the NC game. He is a real piece of work.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #12  
Not a big football fan, but the Elks Lodge is having a watch party Saturday for the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game and I intend to be there! Have a Grand Daughter who is a Junior at OSU and a Grand Son who is a recent grad...not to mention other family members who attended O.U. I won't tell you who I am rooting for this time, but their initials are O.S.U.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff
Not a big football fan, but the Elks Lodge is having a watch party Saturday for the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game and I intend to be there! Have a Grand Daughter who is a Junior at OSU and a Grand Son who is a recent grad...not to mention other family members who attended O.U. I won't tell you who I am rooting for this time, but their initials are O.S.U.

8b05c2017f920c6b0d390c5eb1f7a039.jpg

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #14  
Washington Huskies......all the way!!!! Go DAWGS!!!! They will beat Colorado.........

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #15  
Washington Huskies......all the way!!!! Go DAWGS!!!! They will beat Colorado.........

Man, you're stepping on my Michigan dreams. :mad:

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #16  
   / 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #17  
   / 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #18  
   / 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #19  
Of all of the things that I am, perhaps the saddest is that I am a University of Kentucky football fan. We had a good weekend last week by beating U of L. I thought that UK might give them a good game (although at one point in the season, I thought Petrino and company would hang a 100 on the 'cats).

This may be bad on my part, but I'm perfectly happy with my team finishing 7-5 and going to an also-ran bowl game. I have no illusions that UK will ever be a football powerhouse; I just want them to be entertaining and competitive, and occasionally win a game they're not supposed to win.

I can't imagine anybody but Lamar Jackson is going to win the Heisman. I think he's a great college player, although I do think that Louisville over-used him somewhat throughout the course of the year (because they have some very capable running backs). I don't know who else can make as convincing of a case for the Heisman as Jackson.

As far as the playoffs go, since I'm an SEC guy, it really hurts to say that the Big 10 probably deserves at least 2 teams in, and I think that Ohio State and Michigan are the two best teams, even if neither one of them is going to "win" the Big 10.

The answer to the quandry is, of course, expansion of the playoff system. I think in the next decade, we will likely see a push to expand to 8 teams. I would (and I think a lot of fans would) like to see this expansion. To me, the simplest and best solution would be to adopt the FCS (I-AA) model, and have a field of 16 teams with all conference champs getting an automatic bid and then have "at-large" selections. (I think FCS has a 24-team tournament right now, but I think 16 is sufficient for I-A football). To me, this would settle the questions of teams like Western Michigan this year that are undefeated. Are they on the level with Ohio State and Alabama - probably not. However, all they can do is win all the games on their schedule, and an expanded tournament would afford them the opportunity to prove it on the field. I think that on-campus home games for the first two or three rounds of the tournament would be huge draws for both crowds and television audiences. And we could still have all of the also-ran bowls just like we do today.

Anyway, sorry about the rant and rambling. I think what we have now is far better than what we had, but it can still be improved.

Good luck and take care.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #20