2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission

/ 2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission #1  

SSF556

Tractor
NONE
I have had a small leak for about a year now. Happens to leak when the transmission is hot.

- Does anyone have a part for the seal that surrounds the shifter linkage going into the transmissio?

- Does anyone know where the vent tube is for the transmission? I would like to make sure that is not clogged with a dirt dauber or other debris

- Lastly has anyone experienced this issue? If so do I need to take to the dealer or fix it myself.

Thanks

/ 2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission #2  
Mine leaked around the boot. I slipped a hose clamp down the shaft and worked it onto the boot. With enough socket extensions, I was able to tighten the clamp. Problem solved. It took 6 attempts holding my phone up in the cavity to get this photo!
PXL_20201010_202222645.jpg

/ 2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission
Mine leaked around the boot. I slipped a hose clamp down the shaft and worked it onto the boot. With enough socket extensions, I was able to tighten the clamp. Problem solved. It took 6 attempts holding my phone up in the cavity to get this photo!View attachment 736227
Awesome! Do you think removing the diesel tank would give me more room to work?

/ 2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission #4  
Awesome! Do you think removing the diesel tank would give me more room to work?
I did not need to. You can loosen the bottom tank brackets and tip the tank down a couple of inches if needed. I would not recommend removing the fuel lines (and tank) as that requires you to purge the air out of the system after which can be a pain.

/ 2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission #5  
I have had a small leak for about a year now. Happens to leak when the transmission is hot.

- Does anyone have a part for the seal that surrounds the shifter linkage going into the transmissio?

- Does anyone know where the vent tube is for the transmission? I would like to make sure that is not clogged with a dirt dauber or other debris

- Lastly has anyone experienced this issue? If so do I need to take to the dealer or fix it myself.

Thanks
Did you get it fixed?

/ 2017 DK4510 Shifter Linkage Leaking at Transmission
Did you get it fixed?
Not yet but it is on the list of things to do before I start cutting grass this spring.

Thanks again for the heads up