2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud #1  

jpmurf

Tractor
satoh
Just bought a 2018 low hour X738 (<46hrs) . Finished mowing today. The 54" deck with a mulch kit is extremely loud, normal ear plugs are not enough.
So;
1 is the mulch blades/ kit causing the noise? If so ,too bad the system seems to be working OK
2 Do I need special hearing protection to filter out the annoying noise , that regular ear plugs are not
3 Do I need to lower the rpms of the whole rig , that helps with the noise but the cut and efficiency seems to be compromised

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud #2  
Would you think that you may have loud spindle or idler pulley bearings? people that really like to keep their decks clean, introduce water where it doesn't belong. And you know what follows water... These decks move a fair amount of grass and air, but are not normally irritating.

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud
I guess I could remove the deck , inspect everything , but its so new......

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud #4  
That's the name of the game. Remove the belt so that you can check things individually. Including the gear box oil. A pic will be helpful should there be some down time for reassembly.

I believe I found the problem. The rear weight bracket was empty, without weights, that allowed it to rattle and at high engine speeds vibrate. I took it off and a after short ride it seemed to be less noisy. Time will tell.

Without the bracket , its still loud,even with ear plugs. I need to find better hearing protection, to make it more enjoyable. Or run it at lower rpms, but with thick grass and the mulch kit it will bog.😡

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud #7  
Something not right, should not have a loud noise.
But can't tell from here. (or hear).

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud #8  
Quality ear plugs with quality ear muffs should do the trick. We just use ear plugs inserted correctly to mow with our x744. At first, my wife didn't know that the plug goes fully into the ear canal and she still doesn't get them as deep as I do.

/ 2018 low hour X738 54" deck extremely loud #9  
Oh by the way, check to see if the blades have clearance between them so they are not hitting each other.

Oh by the way, check to see if the blades have clearance between them so they are not hitting each other.
yea I should probably pull the mower and inspect it......