2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil #1  

Justin1970

Tractor
Yanmar
Hello, I recently purchased a 2019 Mahindra emax 22s with 55 hours on it. It seems that 50 hours is when it's recommended to do the first servicing. so after parking it and checking it out some more, I pulled the dipstick to check the oil color. The oil seems to have a dark grey metallic sheen to it. The sheen was not overly metallic like say on a painted car. Nor was it light grey and milky as to suggest water or coolant in the oil. It doesn't smoke white and the only black smoke is for a second after starting it and then it goes away. Now as I write this I have not felt the oil to feel for any grittiness. After seeing it i figured it might just be from break-in on a new engine and I would just change the oil. However, since we have this awesome forum I figured I would pose the question. I've never owned a new car or not have I ever done the first oil change on a new car so I'm not sure what the oil looks like for it's very first change. My question to those who know more than I do on this, does this sound normal? Assuming the oil doesn't feel overly gritty, is it safe to assume this is just a new engine thing and subsequent oil changes will look more like regular oil does as the hours go up? Thank you for the help.

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil #2  
I have done plenty of first oil changes on diesels and gas engines, and have never seen the oil come out as you describe. Diesels (particularly older) will blacken the oil after a few hours, but that has nothing to do with the first oil change interval.

Consider sending a sample of the original oil out for analysis, then again 50h after you change it.

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil
Well That's just my luck. I'll drain it and see if the rest looks like that. Thanks for the reply

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil #4  
The first rule is read your Owner’s Manual. Then Go to your local dealer and buy the proper oil and filter, use what they suggest at least for the first time. That way you can relax with the knowledge that you’ve used the correct oil etc. You should also consider changing the transmission oil and filters, and front axle oil if it’s 4x4. You should also change the fuel filter, and buy a spare to have on hand. Also be aware that you NEVER EVER run your diesel tractor out of fuel or you will learn how to bleed the system probably in the furthest corner of your property…😬

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil #5  
First oil change and it's still under warranty...take it back to the dealer if you have any questions.

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil #6  
Really? Like you can just take a tractor to the dealer, easy peasy. There’s no rush for tractor Owners to service/maintain them, like a piece of transportation equipment that you might drive far from home. It’s a great piece of equipment to learn maintenance practices in a methodical way. I’m not against taking it to a dealer, but not for every day regular care. As the owner becomes familiar with his equipment he will also understand the consequences of careless use as well…and learn which checks are important or secondary. 🤷

/ 2019 Mahindra emax 22s oil #7  
Really? Like you can just take a tractor to the dealer, easy peasy. There’s no rush for tractor Owners to service/maintain them, like a piece of transportation equipment that you might drive far from home. It’s a great piece of equipment to learn maintenance practices in a methodical way. I’m not against taking it to a dealer, but not for every day regular care. As the owner becomes familiar with his equipment he will also understand the consequences of careless use as well…and learn which checks are important or secondary. 🤷
Personaly I dont take anything to any dealer but I have never owned anything with a warrenty. However something that's 3yrs old with a warrenty and an unknown substance in the oil, a major component of the machine I would bring it to the dealer.