2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle

/ 2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle #1  

csdavis

Tractor
2019 New Holland Workmaster 33
My Workmaster 33 was running just fine last week. Had a couple days of rain so I didn’t bother filling the tank which was left at about 1/4 tank full (roughly 2 gal). It fires up just fine but stalls and shuts off after about 30 seconds or immediately if I apply any amount of throttle.

I drained the fuel filter bowl. It was kinda clear but felt and smelt like diesel. I filled the tank with 5 gal of fresh low sulfur with some injector cleaner mixed in.

Fired up again and in 30 seconds it stalled again. I opened the drain on the bottom of the fuel filter and the new red fuel came out.

Still same symptoms - any amount of throttle will stall the engine.

Nothing on the dash indicators showing any fault codes or anything else lit up. With the exception of the regen DPF indicator. I guess it must have been on when I last turned it off. this has never been an issue before as it just simply restarts the regen process.

No check engine flashing until it stalls completely then it flashes until I turn off the key. Turning the key back on looks normal. No warning lights.

any suggestions? My trailer has metal roofing on it and I’m not in the position to haul it to the dealership anytime soon.

Thanks

/ 2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle #2  
Open the drain again. See if fuel continues to flow into a container for a bit or slows to a dribble then stops. You could possibly have a partial blockage in the tank allowing some fuel to flow but not enough.

/ 2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle
@Roadworthy it runs out a good stream. Filled up a 16 oz bottle in about 30 seconds. Not sure I had it all the way open. But it doesn’t appear to have slowed down.

/ 2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle
@Roadworthy it runs out a good stream. Filled up a 16 oz bottle in about 30 seconds. Not sure I had it all the way open. But it doesn’t appear to have slowed down.
Pulled the prefilter off and blew it out with air. The lines from the pump are clear. The pump is functioning. On the way to get a larger filter wrench and will remove and check that. Didn’t want to just replace a $70 fuel filter if it wasn’t necessary. There’s only about 40 hours on this filter however that’s a little over a year. I really don’t want to crack the injector lines but if the filter is clean then that’s the next steps. Any other suggestions?

/ 2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle #5  
Look to see if the shutdown lamp is light. The 30 second run time could be a sign your tractor ECU is in shutdown mode due to a failed sensor or a soot overloaded DPF. See attached pic from the manual
IMG_0802.JPG

/ 2019 NH Workmaster 33 - engine shuts off with throttle #6  
That indicator light is on the far bottom left side of the instrument panel and it’s not very visible when lit during daylight.