2020 Siverado HD

/ 2020 Siverado HD #71  
I'm not a fan of this look. Getting too much like the Ford super duty with the headlights on the bottom and giant mirrors. I'm much more partial to the HD Ram offerings from the current generation (4th gen). Smooth, flowing, fits together well. All these new trucks have so many sections, parts, pieces, etc. that make them look pieced together. The new Ram 1500 is just as bad in that regard.

Rob

/ 2020 Siverado HD #72  
They all should do as they have with their muscle cars. Just do larger modernized builds of their classic designs.

I think we would all agree this is much better looking than the 2020 HD...

581950d1544124699-2020-siverado-hd-1972-c50-chevy-crew-cab

Same for Ford and Ram.

1972-c50-chevy-crew-cab-lead.jpg

/ 2020 Siverado HD #73  
They all should do as they have with their muscle cars. Just do larger modernized builds of their classic designs.

Same for Ford and Ram.

View attachment 581950
I'm past that era of looks, I don't want to go back...

I lived through trucks like that and I'll take my new truck over one of those any day...

BTW, I bought a NEW Chevy 4wd in 1972...

SR

/ 2020 Siverado HD #74  
I like that much better. I'm not a big fan of chrome though. I think if this grill was all black it would really look great.

I'm the opposite--I currently have a GMC All Terrain-X. The only chrome is the lug nuts, everything else is black. Truck performs well, no complaints there--Just don't like the blackout look of it. Couldn't pass up the price so I bought it anyway.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #75  

581950d1544124699-2020-siverado-hd-1972-c50-chevy-crew-cab

Same for Ford and Ram.

View attachment 581950

That's cool! Not a Chevy guy, but I would drive that! :thumbsup:

/ 2020 Siverado HD #76  
Race cars don't have diesels in them, making monster torque.

Race cars don't weigh 6,000 + pounds.

Race cars don't have AC and power everything in them...

Race cars aren't pulling HUGE loads...

Race cars don't have to "idle" or idle along in 100 degree heat in heavy traffic...

I could go on and on...

SR

Chevy has at least as large grill as many class 8 trucks, must be trying to compensate for something.

Attachments

• vo-vnl300-16-0003.jpg
    vo-vnl300-16-0003.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 98
   / 2020 Siverado HD #77  
Not counting the PCO (Private Cash Offer), we got $12K off MSRP on an 2018 F-150 XLT SCab. It is kind of foolish they set MSRP so high, then, when they need to sell, they discount big time.

Then we come to expect the big discounts all the time. They can't win.
Hate to say it but right now IMHO Ram is the prettiest of the bunch with Ford and Toyota tied for second. Man, is the front of that 2500 UGLY!?

Yup, yup and yup.

I was always a Chevy (GM) man. After buying a 2014 and driving it for 4,000 miles I traded it in for a Ram. It wasn't just about looks! The drivetrain on the GMC was horrific - it shifted to stay at 1200 RPM if at all possible. Not possible with the largest engine they offered (5.3 in the base truck)! It was constantly hunting and then revving absurdly when you tried getting a little more power out of it. I've had my 5.7 Ram for 4 years now and am thrilled with it.

Actually, more thrilled than with the new ones. I'd be getting a new one, but the options have all these weird contingencies - "if you want this, you can't get that", or "if you get this you must get that". Totally a killer to me at this time. My '15 only has 32k miles and I like almost everything about it, so I'm, waiting. Waiting for the Rebel TRX to be released, as long as I can get it without it being in a "look at me!" format. I just want the engine availability in the trim level I prefer.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #78  
I saw this in a FB post. Someone apparently re-did the front of the new HD and it looks WAAAAAYYYY better than what they actually came up with. What a difference some minor changes make! The bottom of this actually looks good to me and I've really never been a fan of the look of Chevy trucks.

chevyhd.jpg

Rob

/ 2020 Siverado HD #79  
I saw this in a FB post. Someone apparently re-did the front of the new HD and it looks WAAAAAYYYY better than what they actually came up with. What a difference some minor changes make! The bottom of this actually looks good to me and I've really never been a fan of the look of Chevy trucks.

HUUUGE improvement.

I wonder if there is a maximum height above pavement for headlights* and that's part of why GM designed it the way they did.

*I'm sure there is, but don't know what it might be and whether it would impact this design or not.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #80  
HUUUGE improvement.

I wonder if there is a maximum height above pavement for headlights* and that's part of why GM designed it the way they did.

*I'm sure there is, but don't know what it might be and whether it would impact this design or not.

That's my assumption too. I figured that was the case when Ford did it a few years back. There certainly isn't much other explanation because it doesn't make them look good at all.

Rob