2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #121  
Like everyone with a brain would do. Pay way more tax or move to Mexico? Easy choice. Heck they probably had to go there to find anyone that would work.
Exactly. Companies around here are holding job fairs, advertising starting pay at $19 an hour while training, and can't find people even willing to apply. Meanwhile state unemployment is 8.2%...............

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #122  
Ford is the same as all the other companies, they will go where the business climate is most friendly and profitable.
They see the writing on the wall....

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #123  
In fact, when you see what companies trying to do business in the USA have to put up with, you wonder why ANY of them would stay.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #124  
Exactly. Companies around here are holding job fairs, advertising starting pay at $19 an hour while training, and can't find people even willing to apply. Meanwhile state unemployment is 8.2%...............
1.9 trillion dollars will fix the problem. We have more jobs around here than people willing to fill them. One plant just expanded and are looking for 100 workers and no convicted felons. It aint going to happen. It seems like a third of the people around are convicted felons and people are getting SSI because they dropped out of school. The workers they find will have to work 60 hours per week. We are told it's all because of Covid and printing money will fix it.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #125  
Read the whole news article before making statements like that. Ford is NOT moving to Mexico but like so many of the other domestic manufacturers is moving a certain facet of their manufacturing there.

My Dodge dually has made in Mexico stickers all over it.
Actually, I thought all you guys that are talking like geniuses, would already figure that out as I thought that part was pretty obvious.

I have ford, dodge (yes they still are dodges) and chevy right now...

I'm going all Chevy as I replace them, BECAUSE Chevys are the ones that cost me the least to own as they get older.

I'm really impressed with the new Chevy gas engines, and the diesels are being replaced with them one by one!

SR

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #126  
I’m looking into buying an F350.

I like diesel, but my concern is out-of-warranty repair costs. Just bothers me knowing that at any moment you could have a $5000 repair bill to replace the injectors.

Reminds me of a chat I had with a guy who owned a big diesel box truck. He said he keeps $10K set aside just for diesel repairs.

I’ll likely go with the 7.3L gasser. Plenty of million mile gassers out there. I don’t see any difference in durability between gas and diesel.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #127  
Read the whole news article before making statements like that. Ford is NOT moving to Mexico but like so many of the other domestic manufacturers is moving a certain facet of their manufacturing there.

My Dodge dually has made in Mexico stickers all over it.
Cars are decent too. I've owned three Mexican built vehicles, two domestic brand, one Japanese brand, all were reliable and few repairs. My others were domestic brands USA or Canada built.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #128  
Actually, I thought all you guys that are talking like geniuses, would already figure that out as I thought that part was pretty obvious.

I have ford, dodge (yes they still are dodges) and chevy right now...

I'm going all Chevy as I replace them, BECAUSE Chevys are the ones that cost me the least to own as they get older.

I'm really impressed with the new Chevy gas engines, and the diesels are being replaced with them one by one!

SR

Dodge and Ram are separate parts of an umbrella group of Companies. If it makes you feel better to call them all 'Dodge' go for it, but they're separate.

Not like GMC and Chevy trucks who are just twin sisters in a different dress. Separate. Almost completely.

Now with the merger they're bigger than gm. The biggest American auto company. I guess. Go figure. The US dropped out of the top auto makers a long time ago. Ford is the only one still in the top 5

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #129  
Dodge and Ram are separate parts of an umbrella group of Companies. If it makes you feel better to call them all 'Dodge' go for it, but they're separate.
I guess they should just call them a Fiat and get it over with!! lol

SR

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #130  
I guess they should just call them a Fiat and get it over with!! lol

SR
I love my fiats..

Attachments

• IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 200

Status
Not open for further replies.