2021 Mahindra 2638

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #1  

Paulrs123

Tractor
2021 mahindra 2638
I'm adding a third function to my 2021 Mahindra 2638 for a grapple. Sitting on the tractor on the right below the floor board is the front end loader control valve. From my research, I'm supposed to connect the pressure side of the 3rd function valve to the "power beyond port or line". Does anyone have pictures that show where to hook up the pressure line? And the other line is supposed to go to a "return or tank line". I think I know where that goes but need confirmation. Please help!

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #2  
I'm adding a third function to my 2021 Mahindra 2638 for a grapple. Sitting on the tractor on the right below the floor board is the front end loader control valve. From my research, I'm supposed to connect the pressure side of the 3rd function valve to the "power beyond port or line". Does anyone have pictures that show where to hook up the pressure line? And the other line is supposed to go to a "return or tank line". I think I know where that goes but need confirmation. Please help!
I have a 2538 which has a different loader valve so can't say as to your valves ports. Might be a good idea to post this in the Mahindra owning and operating section. And also post pictures of your valve there.

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #3  
A picture of the valve would definitely help, however, these compact tractors these days are very similar on how they are setup, even across different manufacturers.

On your loader valve, you'll find 7 hoses. 4 go to the loader cylinders for lift/lower and curl/dump, these ones won't matter for what you're doing right now.

The other 3 hoses will be Pressure In port that comes from the pump, Tank port going to the transmission housing and the Power Beyond port that feeds the 3 pt valve and the remote in the back. The Power beyond port will have a longer Hex shaped fitting than the other two ports.

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #4  
The return line is the one that goes from the three hose manifold to the rear top of 3ph

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #5  
read my post here, New 2638 HST.
about post #18 i have some pics regarding the 3rd function i installed.

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #6  
And the output of your new valve goes to whatever the PB port was feeding, not directly to the tank. Otherwise the 3pt won't work.

CUT hydraulics work in series. You're adding a valve to the chain.

/ 2021 Mahindra 2638 #7  
And the output of your new valve goes to whatever the PB port was feeding, not directly to the tank. Otherwise the 3pt won't work.

CUT hydraulics work in series. You're adding a valve to the chain.
Exactly as Eric referenced. Most are open center systems. I can't exactly remember what type or thread the OEM fittings are, but there not standard like JIC or ORB or NPT. I had a hydraulic supplier identify the correct ones for me(Gregg distributors up here for me.) I had to try a few places before I found the right person...
EDIT: if i would have looked at my own pictures i posted, i did label the fittings i bought! LOL:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: