2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Daughter is looking at both these models any input?

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #2  
The Honda Pilot has more leg room in the 3rd row seat and more cu. ft. of space behind the 3rd row seat.

Took our 2021 Pilot on a 4500 mile road trip from Washington State to Texas, then to California and back to Washington. Very comfortable, handles nice on the road, and lots of room to haul what we needed.

We were looking at the Highlander at the time and purchased the Pilot as it handled better and was more comfortable! Of course this is subjective.

Your mileage may very!

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #3  
I’ve got a 2022 Honda Passport Trailsport as my new commuter car. I’ve had it since May and have a little over 8,000 miles so far. Same as pilot basically only a little bit shorter and 2 rows of seats in lieu of 3.
I love the drive train. I had a 2016 Accord before this one with the same basic 3.5l V6. Solid engine with plenty of power, no turbos, and very reliable. I’m liking the 9 speed ZF transmission with paddle shifters as well in the new one. Roomy inside. The AWD system is very good in the Pilot/ Passports.
I’m getting 24 or so mpg doing mostly highway driving.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #4  
The 2022 models show a 12 point spread in rating on Consumer Reports. Highlander 88, Pilot 76. In my experience, that is significant. Usually, both makes have equal and high reliability ratings. With this model, Highlander is 5/5, Pilot is 3/5. That is pretty low for a Honda. The Honda has a little better transmission. Toyota has a little better acceleration, handling and better braking (4 ft shorter on dry pavement, 12 ft shorter on wet). Hope that helps.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #5  
Check the width of the back seats. We had a 2010 pilot for 10 years and it was an amazing vehicle, with huge cargo space. Also, nice four-wheel-drive system.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #6  
We had a 2011 Pilot, traded for 2018 Highlander. Got the Pilot for one reason, the 2nd row was wide enough to put a baby carrier in the center and had room for passenger on each side. Traded for the Highlander because it was a little smaller and more maneuverable. Both are great vehicles. We will stick with the Toyotas here because of the dealers in the area and a slightly lower price.

RSKY

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #7  
Had a 2012 Pilot. Amazing utility vehicle. Great cargo space. Fair mileage, not great. Traded it for a diesel BMW X5 great mileage, hate this car. Should have kept the pilot and run it into the ground.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #8  
Had a 2012 Pilot. Amazing utility vehicle. Great cargo space. Fair mileage, not great. Traded it for a diesel BMW X5 great mileage, hate this car. Should have kept the pilot and run it into the ground.
We sold our 2010 in the Fall of 2020 to a family with 6 kids, so them getting our 8-seater was a godsend. Most satisfying sale I ever made.

Meanwhile it seemed full, in a splurge of impulsive generosity, I bought the wife a brand new 2021 Toyota 4runner limited. It has all kinds of neat new technology, not the least of which is the back up camera, which the 2010 Pilot did not have. At one point, we were trying to buy a 2015 pilot, which did have the back up camera, and which was the last year of that square shouldered, huge cargo space model. We really liked the look, and then when it was time to go new in 2020 they had changed the pilot body to just another jellybean looking SUV. Very disappointed in the style. Still a great vehicle, but it just didn’t look as good.

Meanwhile, the new forerunner is actually quite a square shouldered, and the wife absolutely loves it because she had 2003 Limited and loved that.

Good luck with your choice! They are both fine vehicles, but I suspect the rear seat is wider on the pilot.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #9  
Today I'm thinking of just going minivan. She has more dogs and more shows and lessons to go to these days...and what you say about jellybean style rings true.
But the BMW is getting 30 mpg from the 3.5 L diesel and as much as we dislike the car we love the economy.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #10  
Today I'm thinking of just going minivan. She has more dogs and more shows and lessons to go to these days...and what you say about jellybean style rings true.
But the BMW is getting 30 mpg from the 3.5 L diesel and as much as we dislike the car we love the economy.

My oldest daughter has a 2014 Toyota Sienna minivan. She did not want a mini, said it was 'social suicide' in her circle of school teacher friends. I finally convinced her of the utility of a minivan and she bought it. Now she needs a new vehicle. No trouble with hers but it is approaching 200,000 miles. She will not part with it. Said only thing she will trade for is another Sienna. As her friends had families they have all got large SUVs or minivans.

RSKY