2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today!
It's a little annoying that they want to give range in miles, but only have hours on the gauge. Pick a unit of measure, be consistent!

Dump bed - the tailgate comes loose every time I dump, it popped off when I was too close to the pile this morning, dangling by its cables.

Note to self - don't drive up onto the manure pile, even if you can, because the underside had to be blown off with the leaf blower.

I also wish it had a speedometer.

I'm not sure I want a radio, I like the not-so-quiet sounds of the outdoors. Birds, crickets, cicadas, horses, etc.

If my husband wants a toy, he can go buy a toy...But, I will usually share my toys with him.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #13  
Since my Ranger isn't a distance/trails vehicle, but a moving things around a small farm tool, and in my first week of use, the only time I got it under 90% was the 2nd day when I did not plug it in overnight.

If I'm going to get on something to ride for a while, it's going to be a horse. The Ranger on my farm puts the U in UTV. Utility.

Still love the silence.

I don't love the tailgate...that thing wants to come off/loose WAY too easily. I have to sweep the stupid thing because of the shape of the bed, but the annoyance factor is offset by my quickly driving to the manure pile and tipping the bed up with the assist feature vs struggling to push the 10cuft wheelbarrow and then either leaving it for a taller person, or being grumpy and doing it myself. I also don't love the turning radius. That truly sucks...the Mule I borrowed was a quick u-turn to get between dry lots (2 8' gates adjacent, and it easily made that turn). It is a 3 point turn.

I'm pondering if I want to get a snowplow for it. It would be nice to have in smaller spaces that my tractor cannot get to.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #15  
Not to 30 miles a charge. 🤣

What's the range of a full tank of gas? 150 miles?
guess you haven't ridden quads from the 2000's era, the polaris 800 barely did 35 miles to a tank. the Honda rancher was the best fuel quad out there, it could do 85 to empty.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #16  
you would be limited by gas too wouldn't you?
Blasphemy (refer to my username)! My Polaris Brutus runs a LONG time on a tank of DIESEL. Speaking of batteries, my 2013 Brutus still has it's original battery! (and it sat on a dealer lot for 3 years before I got it) Hopefully the OP's EV's batteries are equally as robust!

I was initially aiming for an electric vehicle but nothing out in the market was sufficient at that time: lots of horrible reviews on the then new Polaris EVs (fully expect that to NOT be the issue now). Every time I start my Polaris I wish it were EV (Yanmar diesel is obscenely loud- it's a farm turd, in which case I expect noise and smells :LOL:).

EVs, NO OIL CHANGES- BIG WIN!

So I've had Evie for 3 months now. My son insisted that calling it "the Ranger" was inadequate, so we were calling it my "buggy", but then we decided that her name is there. EV. Just like in Wall-E. Evie it is. My son also wants me to pimp my ride with a fancy paint job of some sort, but since he lives in Hawaii, I ignore that.

Due to the weather, I was 2 weeks late topping off her water, and I was surprised at how much distilled water it took, over 2 gallons! There was a bit of spillage as we were figuring out how to best do it. Now I'm a couple of weeks overdue for the next watering. I have the 3 gallons of distilled water sitting next to it, but we ran out of time the first weekend, and then I was out of town the second.

Now that it is not bitterly cold, I don't plug it in each day, the charge was never dropping below 96%, so now I plug it in about once a week, it has still never been below 60%. I need to do a bit more battery research, I saw that it takes about 50 charges to get to full deep-cycle capacity (not the right terminology, I know) but does it need to be used below any amount before the charge counts as a charge cycle?

My husband was initially not a fan of a driving vehicle, but he loves Evie. He runs down to get mail, takes the dogs with him, he's definitely seen the utility. He is quick to grab Evie for all sorts of running around the farm.

We love the silence, just the crunch of wheels and a small engine whine. I still don't love the tailgate, but it isn't popping off as much, maybe there is enough grime in there now to make it stickier!:unsure:😁

I still wish it was smaller/lower, like the Kawasaki Mule I'd borrowed. That extra few inches to dump the muck tub is a lot for my 5'1" size.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #18  
Not to 30 miles a charge. 🤣

What's the range of a full tank of gas? 150 miles?

I don’t think limited range is that big of a deal to lots of folks, many use them just to keep from having to walk to take the trash out or drive other vehicles around small pieces of property.

However, only being able to go 30 miles before having to charge for 12 or more hours vs spending 30 seconds adding another 5 gallons, is a deal breaker.

Obviously not the OP’s case.

/ 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #19  
EVs, NO OIL CHANGES- BIG WIN!

No engine oil but you better take a look at the “maintenance“ section of your owners manual page 40-43 covers the oils you still need to change every year and check every 25 hours or month, what ever one occurs first.

The big win, is to not have to buy gas. At least until you have to buy batteries, then it’s a loss.

LED’s and batteries have come a very long way in just the last 30 years. Making them viable to even more people than when the Electric car was first invented, back in the 1890’s.

Back then, they were so bad lights using a flame were better…

Last edited:
   / 2022 Polaris Ranger EV - picked up today! #20  
Over priced golf cart. No Thanks!!!
I used to think that...try pricing out a new golf cart these days. Last year I sold my golf cart I bought 20 years ago for more than I paid for it and got a gas guzzling UTV instead