2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #21  
I’m in the market for a new truck and waited for the reveal of the new Tundra before placing an order. IMO, Toyota missed the mark in a few areas on the new Tundra. 1) Disappointingly low payload (1450lbs on a crew cab Limited), 2) no flat floor under the back seat, 3) no step to make bed access easier, 4) turbo on back of engine making servicing a PITA, 5) hybrid version has giant heavy battery under rear seat reducing storage and payload.

I ordered a Ford F-350 Tremor instead for not much more than the cost of a new Tundra.

I'm not familiar with the Tremor package, want to brag about your new truck or should I hit up Google? 😂

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #22  
I'm not familiar with the Tremor package, want to brag about your new truck or should I hit up Google?

LOL, it’s an F-350 sitting on 35’s with rear locker, front limited slip, and various other off-road gizmos. The great thing about it is that it’s very offroad capable but still retains its hauling and towing credentials with 3800lbs payload and 15K towing on the bumper, ~18K gooseneck. Plus, it looks cool!

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #23  
LOL, it’s an F-350 sitting on 35’s with rear locker, front limited slip, and various other off-road gizmos. The great thing about it is that it’s very offroad capable but still retains its hauling and towing credentials with 3800lbs payload and 15K towing on the bumper, ~18K gooseneck. Plus, it looks cool!

Sounds like an absolute tank. 👍🏻

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #24  
it might have been just an urban legend back then but it was reported that to change the rearward sparkplugs on a big block Mustang, you had to loosen the engine.
I never did that, but I did have to remove the brake master cylinder to change the rearmost plug on the driver’s side. Really dumb engineering, especially since sparkplugs were fairly short-lived back then. It was a ‘68 Mustang with the 390 V8.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #25  
it might have been just an urban legend back then but it was reported that to change the rearward sparkplugs on a big block Mustang, you had to loosen the engine.
I think this was correct. If I recall correctly, you could get around this by cutting access holes in the inner fender liners.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas
I never did that, but I did have to remove the brake master cylinder to change the rearmost plug on the driver’s side. Really dumb engineering, especially since sparkplugs were fairly short-lived back then. It was a ‘68 Mustang with the 390 V8.
That car must have been a head-turner.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #27  
Gone are the days when you had to climb into the engine bay to work on a pickup. The engineering problem with those old square body GMs were you couldn't reach the plugs unless you were 6'10". Now, with so much extra junk under the hood pulling the cab is just easier. Plus it makes it more likely the repair work will not be done by a guy in his backyard.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #29  
Yep... Toyota calls it aggressive styling...

I like "Friendly" vehicles.

My then 4 year old niece was always pointing out "Happy" cars.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #30  
I agree completely. We need to add the terms motor when talking about the internal combustion engine, and chip when talking about programmers/tunes to the list.
Engine , not motor , motor is electric .