212 PTO will not engage after replacing motor to mower belt

/ 212 PTO will not engage after replacing motor to mower belt #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
My 1973 mower has ran great. The 12 HP kohler still runs fine. PTO on motor is not engaging to turn the belt to the mower. Not electric clutch as it is just a lever. You Tube no help. Thank you for any help.

/ 212 PTO will not engage after replacing motor to mower belt #2  
A pic of the cluch arrangement will help. And more explanation of what is turning and what isn't would also help.

Thought the first year for the 212 was 1975, so yours is an early production model.

/ 212 PTO will not engage after replacing motor to mower belt #3  
Do you have the operators manual for this machine?

If so, there should be some help finding your problem in it.

Here is the PTO adjustment for a JD112 tractor.
JD112 PTO.JPG

Richard

/ 212 PTO will not engage after replacing motor to mower belt
The pulley & belt that goes to the transmission is turning as it runs fine. Outer half that runs the mower is not turning. I have operators manual pages 34 covers PTO linkage, page 35 PTO clutch brake. Has all info there. Working long hours, thank you for input. Now to figure sheave setting at 0.030 inch.

/ 212 PTO will not engage after replacing motor to mower belt #5  
The pulley & belt that goes to the transmission is turning as it runs fine. Outer half that runs the mower is not turning. I have operators manual pages 34 covers PTO linkage, page 35 PTO clutch brake. Has all info there. Working long hours, thank you for input. Now to figure sheave setting at 0.030 inch.

For those folks watchin' at home - What was the outcome with this machine? Did you get your problem sorted?? :scratchchin:

:wrench: