2155 brakes engage

/ 2155 brakes engage #1  

Harvey6

Tractor
JD 2155
Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction. I have a very low hour 2155. When I jack up both rear wheels with the tractor is not running they turn easily and stop when applying brakes. If I have the engine running the rear wheels will not turn. I’m assuming that there is an issue in the brake valve not closing completely and allowing hydraulic pressure to be applied once the engine is running. Any ideas or solutions?

/ 2155 brakes engage #2  
Welcome to TBN
I agree sounds as if brake valve is leaking internally. Loosen brake bleeders on the top of each final drive housing. No oil should exit bleeder when engine is operating with brake pedals in rearward position.

/ 2155 brakes engage
Welcome to TBN
I agree sounds as if brake valve is leaking internally. Loosen brake bleeders on the top of each final drive housing. No oil should exit bleeder when engine is operating with brake pedals in rearward position.
I’ll try that. This tractor has only 271 hours, I’m thinking that some seals in the brake valve system have deteriorated due to not being used since it has really never been operated and had set for long periods of time. If oil does exit, is that a sign of a leaking valve or seals?

/ 2155 brakes engage #4  
If hyd oil leaks out open brake bleeders with brake pedals in released position then a valve inside brake valve housing isn't seating properly

/ 2155 brakes engage
Yes, when I started the tractor and opened each brake bleeders at different times they both leaked hydraulic fluid out without the brake peddle pressed. So this is an indication that the valve body the break peddle is attached to has an issue with a leaky seal inside?

Attachments

• 7FB7CC26-AF3E-48F0-871F-590FA7F9EF98.jpeg
    7FB7CC26-AF3E-48F0-871F-590FA7F9EF98.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31
   / 2155 brakes engage #6  
It might be the check valve that is for each brake line at the brake valve. Parts key 16, 17, & 18.
Check for contamination holding check valve open. Defective seat key 16, or weak/broken spring key 18
2155brakevalvecheck.JPG

/ 2155 brakes engage
I’ll give that my first look. Thanks