22 pistol

/ 22 pistol #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
I have a ruger 9mm and smith armory KD 40 cal semiauto pistols. Thinking about getting a 22 pistol. Mostly for target practice. Needs to be a semiauto. I have looked at ruger and browning target pistols but it doesn't have to be a target pistol. Any suggestions/recommedations would be helpful. No brand loyalty. I have heard cycling can be a problem with 22 pistols?

Last edited:
   / 22 pistol #2  
I have had a Ruger Mark II 22 cal long rifle for 20 yrs. and it is a great pistol...very accurate and great for either target practice or dispatching critters..You can use shot shells or hollow points as well..I love it !

/ 22 pistol #3  
Same here I have Ruger Mark II 22 cal long rifle pistol. It is very accurate and reliable. I would buy another if something happened to this one.

/ 22 pistol #4  
I also have the Ruger Mark II and have had very good luck with it. No jamming problems with mine. I shoot a variety of cheap ammo. I don't have experience with the Browning, but hopefully you can get some feed back here. Good luck,

Paul

/ 22 pistol #5  
Ruger Mark II also...:)

/ 22 pistol #6  
i've got the mark III hunter. love it

/ 22 pistol #8  
I dont think you can go wrong with any of the Ruger targer pistols.

I agree on the Ruger 22/45 suggestion Ruger 22/45 Rimfire Pistols

I have a 22/45 Hunter and find it to be very accurate. It has a slight trigger job from my local gunsmith. I have shot in 25 yard bullseye shoots with it.

The difference in a 22/45 and the standard Mark III is the angle of the grip. The 22/45 feels like a 1911.

A friend has a similar Browning. My Ruger seems easier to use and more reliable. We have had a few hiccups with the Browning. The Ruger seems to eat any ammo we feed it and is accurate with all of it.

We also have a Walther P22. I am sure the long barreled P22 would be a great target gun. My wifes 4" barreled P22 took over 800 rounds to break in and fails to feed on anything but high velocity ammo.

/ 22 pistol #9  
Ruger, been great for over twenty years, gets lots of practice shooting from the grandkids

/ 22 pistol #10  
Smith & Wesson model 41. Must be over 20 years old now (the gun:D), no feeding or cycling problems, still very accurate and fu-u-un!!