2505 does anyone own one ??

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #1  

stumpjumper3d

Tractor
branson 2505
I`am thinking about buying a 2505 to use around the yard and at my hunting club. But it seems by the answers I got back (none) that this is not a very popular tractor from Branson. It is just the right width that I need in the woods, need to go between planted pines. Seems like I`ve got to travel 3 hours to get a good price.

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #2  
I`am thinking about buying a 2505 to use around the yard and at my hunting club. But it seems by the answers I got back (none) that this is not a very popular tractor from Branson. It is just the right width that I need in the woods, need to go between planted pines. Seems like I`ve got to travel 3 hours to get a good price.
There are a bunch of 2505 owners on Facebook in the

Branson Compact Tractor Owners Group​

Public group
·
2.8K members

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #3  
We sold quite a few, do you have any questions?

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #4  
we sold quiet a few of them as well never really had a problem except for lack of maintenance issues, and a few people thinking the little guys were bulldozers but they are pretty solid little tractors great for tight spaces and small farm and garden work.

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #5  
I have a few questions.

I have 7 acres of mostly mowed grass and a 100 or so trees. Looking to keep the driveway (1,000') maintained with fresh gravel, box blade driveway when needed. Landscaping. Maybe install a water line to barn (170'). Move stuff around with pallet forks.

I'm looking at a 2505H with loader and backhoe. I can't really find any reason this tractor would not work for these uses.

I do wonder how moving a dump truck full of gravel will wear on the loader. I guess as long as a heaping scoop is less than the rated weight capacity, it shouldn't be a problem (if kept low) even if I have to haul it all the way down the driveway from the pile.

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #6  
Moving Rock And gravel are exactly what the FEL is designed for, as long as you don't overload the bucket you should have no excess wear on the FEL, as for the jobs you wanting to do with i don't see why it wouldn't work for you needs being smaller and more compact in design it would be near perfect for the amount of trees you have.

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #7  
And leaving the backhoe on it when you're moving gravel with the FEL will help insure you have plenty of rear ballast so you don't overload your front axle.

Post pictures when you get it home.

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #8  
Thanks for input. The price seems right (little over 18K) on this particular unit although it’s a little hard to tell given pandemic supply chain issues.

I will post photos if we move forward with purchase. I have several dealers around, but closest is about 170 miles away.

Last edited:
   / 2505 does anyone own one ?? #9  
I think a lot of people buy a 20 hp tractor thinking it will do things that a 40 hp tractor will do. It is just not going to happen, regardless of the manufacturer. As long as you use the 2505 within it's capabilities it will be fine .

/ 2505 does anyone own one ?? #10  
Agreed. I’ve thought about all the things I’ve done by hand or with borrowed equipment since we’ve been here and what I have planned a great deal. Put it all in a spreadsheet along with the estimated weights of everything i have and will deal with and nothing appears to be outside of the 2505s capabilities.