2515H Bent Loader hydraulics

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics
No. I am going to assume any operation at this point. I went into the weekend knowing these cylinders are prone to bending and used as much caution as one could while not being to hard on the tractor and trying to use it for what it's made for. I didn't try any hero stuff or hey look what my tractor can do. It was simple loads lifting and dropping. No back dragging of any kind. It's kind of one of those things when you look at how you worked the tractor and what happened you say to yourself " This should not have bent for what little I put it through. I've been on tractors for over 20 years and feel I know how to operate one. At this point I think my old 2400H could have handled this past weekend just fine without issues. You shouldn't have to tip toe around using your FEL and worry about stuff like this when your just lifting and dropping. I may have side loaded a few times but even then the ground held some of the weight as I didn't lift anything until I felt it was evenly loaded in the grapple.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #12  
I've seen very similar photos of that loader design and cylinders, I believe here on TBN.
The previous thread, and this one look like a loader that was designed to fail. Sorry about your troubles!

OK I have an update, kinda long but it has a good ending. I got froggy did some more searching online and came across a company called Northern Hydraulic. I spoke with their customer service / Sales dept.... very nice, eager to help, and knowledgeable guys. Northern Hydraulic is a reseller for the Massiger line so they can't get the part since they don't actually stock any product.

The sales rep did some digging and found another company called "Long" based here in the states, the sales rep said its a good brand he has good luck with. He found pretty much the same hydraulic cylinder that matches specs on the Massiger brand. In stock shipped to my door $750 for the pair. Looking better than almost $1800 from the dealer.

I got a call today from Robin with Mathis Tractor and said Branson is willing to warranty out my bent cylinders. I sent in the same pictures I posted here for Branson to review.

My question to you guys as tractor guys what would you do..... money is not the conern here its the time of not being down I am after. Should I put the replacement cylinders on or get the Long brand and go with a beefier hydraulic? I still have a lot of land clearing to do that involves more grapple work.

Anyhow this is where I am at. I'm leaning on with going with Longs and keeping the replacements as a backup replacement.....kinda like an extra belt for your car. Thoughts?

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #14  
Sounds like a great plan. Good for you finding a good source on the replacement and great to hear Branson stepped up to the plate on this.

I got the name of the aftermarket hydraulics wrong its called Chief LD. Here is the spec sheet. I actually found them cheaper on Farm and ranch depot. Around $575 shipped.

My replacement stock cylinders will be here tomorrow so I am going to put those on the tractor for now to get back up and running. The hydraulic ports on the Chief cylinders are top mounted vs side like the branson cylinders and will require a longer hose on one side due to the ports being in a different spot. I'm also not sure if the Chiefs are plug and play with having SAE 8 ports, I am hydraulic illiterate when it comes to fittings and sizes.

I plan on ordering the chiefs and taking to the hydro shop here locally and getting the hose and fittings I need to make it plug and play. I'll keep yall posted in the replacements.

Attachments

• Chief_LD (1).pdf
    268.6 KB · Views: 105
   / 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #16  
That's great that Branson agreed to warranty those. I was afraid they would get hung up on the idea of it being "operator caused" and not offer the replacements.

I would just put the stock ones on and power on. Just try not to bend this pair. 😁

If this pair doesn't hold up, I think that's when I would look aftermarket.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #17  
Any chance you remember what size bore/stroke you went with for the chiefs? My BL15” loader is measuring at 51.5” extended and 33” retracted, giving a stroke length of 18.5”. But the 18.5” after markets show a slightly shorter extended/retracted length. (I do not have the secondary loader linkage arms either)

PS did you ever find out about having to adapt hosing length/fittings if going aftermarket?

Cheers

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #18  
Bailey Hydraulics is another good source.

/ 2515H Bent Loader hydraulics #19  
I’ll give them a look as well. Just had a good chat with a rep at Northern Hydraulic who helped me suss out that it’s more just a matter of titling towards extra range with the longer stroke at 23.5 or keeping the same range with 18.25, but with a slightly greater retraction and slightly reduced toward tilt range (due to shorter overall length). If I go shorter I need to look at how much dump angle I’m losing with 2 inches less extended and make sure there’s no obstructions with the extra inch of retraction.