2555 exhaust outlet

/ 2555 exhaust outlet #1  

Engineer42

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST/Cab
So I was wondering if anyone had relocated the exhaust discharge point on their 2555. I知 thinking it may help quiet the noise down a bit in the cab and help a little with heat in the summer. When I was looking at other tractors before buying mine in March, I noticed that most discharge at the front of the tractor. I don稚 want to go vertical, just got to thinking it may quiet down the interior some. I値l also be raising my seat up since at 6? my knees are higher than my butt. I致e already moved the seat back to the second set of holes and that helped. Like Jerry mentions, if it痴 not to your liking, change it, lol.

I do really like the tractor as it was an upgrade from my old 175 MF. It handles great. I use it mostly for mowing with my Woods 990 finish mower, but also use it for maintaining the 1000 driveway with the box blade and scape blade, and anything else my 7acres needs. My wife was confused at first about why I bought forks with it, but she has come to understand that they are very handy and have saved a lot of grunting, lol. In the winter, it may replace the backhoe for snow removal since the 2555 will be parked inside and more easily accessible.

Kinda got away from my own topic but really enjoying time spent on the tractor and wanted to add to the list of happy Mahindra owners. Any input/ideas is appreciated.

Tom

Last edited:
   / 2555 exhaust outlet
Thanks, I'll do that.

/ 2555 exhaust outlet
Looks like he went vertical. I was hoping to just run it to the front.

/ 2555 exhaust outlet #5  
Oh ok. My 1538 goes forward and downturns up by the radiator. That seems to work well. I’m not in an overly dust setting- that would be my only concern if I was kicking up dust every time I increased the throttle.

/ 2555 exhaust outlet
That sounds like what I had seen on the others. I'll stop by my dealer and look at a couple to get ideas.

/ 2555 exhaust outlet #7  
also be raising my seat up since at 6? my knees are higher than my butt. I致e already moved the seat back to the second set of holes and that helped. Like Jerry mentions, if it痴 not to your liking, change it, lol.

Tom

Check out this thread on the tractor seat height. It shows Jerry's risers and I also posted pics of mine. We both had opted to raise the seat 3" and it seems like that's the magic number. Just be sure to use the correct grade of bolts since they're a safety item. You don't want the seat breaking off with your butt seatbelted into it if you were to roll the tractor.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/362011-2555-hst-cab-seat.html

/ 2555 exhaust outlet
Did raising the seat that much make it difficult to reach the steering wheel? That’s the one thing the 2555’s don’t have that I wish they did and that’s a telescopic steering column.

/ 2555 exhaust outlet #9  
Did raising the seat that much make it difficult to reach the steering wheel? That’s the one thing the 2555’s don’t have that I wish they did and that’s a telescopic steering column.

I have no issue reaching the steering wheel using my seat risers. It doesn't have a telescoping steering column but it does have a tilt steering wheel.

/ 2555 exhaust outlet
824488F7-3A0C-4C45-8BB0-F3622C0FC096.jpeg. Mine has tilt as well. I raised mine and found that I really don’t have a problem with reaching the steering wheel either. Now on to the next modification, lol.