2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #1  

PCABE5

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4066R Cab and loader
I was at the dealer today buying seat springs to replace the rubber on mine and I picked up a dealer printed doc on the 2720 and this is what they list as the distinctions between it and the 2520:

"31hp 100+ cu in. engine that is esentially the same engine block as the 3320.
12v dc outlet. Final drives are 20% stronger than the 2520".

I tried the link this was printed from but it is a dealer only site.

I also noticed in their implement catalog they offer front angling blades for the loader 300/400. But if it would fit a 300 aren't the pins the same as the 200? I also found other toys I did not know they sold.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #2  
I also noticed in their implement catalog they offer front angling blades for the loader 300/400. But if it would fit a 300 aren't the pins the same as the 200?

Technically it would fit, but I think they are worried about the weight. I had made a FEL plow out of a Meyers Poly blade and had disappointing results with it. IMHO the tractor just does not have enough mass for the FEL blades. What happens is that you loose the ability to steer very quickly-even trying to use the split brakes...

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer
I was wondering about being steerable. The smallest one is 72" so there is quite a lot of weight to it. Course I have steering issues with just a 54" blade and I think this winter I am going with the blower as it should be a little quicker than the FEL clearing approx 15,000 sq/ft.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #4  
I realize the power difference between the 2520 and the 2720 is only 4.5 hp.
That being said, I notice a huge difference in the way mine feels.
The fel feels much stronger. High gear feels like it may be able to climb a hill now. :)

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #5  
Hey Skipholiday,

Do you notice a difference between the 2520 with mowing in high gear on hills and the 2720 mowing in high gear on hills?

Any other feedback on the tractor (2720) now that you have worked it a bit?

Thanks for the input.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #6  
Qhorse said:
Hey Skipholiday,

Do you notice a difference between the 2520 with mowing in high gear on hills and the 2720 mowing in high gear on hills?

Any other feedback on the tractor (2720) now that you have worked it a bit?

Thanks for the input.
I don't have any hills. sorry.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #7  
I have a 72" loader blade on my 3520 and it pushes the tractor around quite a bit when angled. I would say that is too much blade for the 2000 series.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer
Here is a scan copy of the dealer doc. This was the only thing availabe about the 2720 I should have scanned it in the first time!! I realize it is probably nothing new but I thought the 20% stronger final drive is something I didn't know.

tuolumne thanks for the front blade info I figured as much for a 2000 series.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #9  
tuolumne said:
I have a 72" loader blade on my 3520 and it pushes the tractor around quite a bit when angled. I would say that is too much blade for the 2000 series.
I have a 72" blade on the FEL on my 790 and if I float it it will lift the front wheels off the ground and I can only steer with the brakes. If I don't float it pushes snow w/o a problem at the maximum angles. I do have a heavy Box Blade and tires filled though and haven't had over about 18" of snow since I got this setup. The blade with the angling kit is much heavier than an empty bucket though and it really sticks out from the tractor. I would think you would need a lot of weight on the back to counter that.

/ 2720 vs 2520 Distinctions from Dealer #10  
tuolumne said:
Those boom mounted blades do tend to be out sofar that they can alter the tractor's forward momentum pretty well. I am gonna get a front 3PT mounted blade and use that and see how it works for me vs the Boom Mounted blade I had on the former 4310. i scoured my driveway a bit before kinda getting the hang of it.