3 Point Hitch Leakdown

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
My Branson 3510i hitch has had a hiccup (bounce under load) for some time, but this weekend it became a major issue. If the hitch is raised and under load, it will hold fine when the tractor is running, but when I shut it off it will leak all the way down in about 10 seconds - even if I close the speed control valve under the seat. Also, if the Tractor is running and the hitch is up, it will lower slowly if I use other hydraulics such as the loader, but raise right back up when no other hydraulics are in use. I also hear a new noise in the rear of the tractor like fluid rushing through a small opening. I know I need to rebuild the rockshaft piston, but I知 afraid something else is going on. Any thoughts?

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #2  
Rock shaft piston seals leaking could be what you hearing. Does it do this with the load only partially raised also?

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #3  
Ditto on faulty RS piston seal

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown
Yep. I hear the noise unless it is all the way down.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #5  
While you are in there check the o rings under the control valve.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown
Cancel

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #7  
You didn't provide any background information on why you should have a failure if the problem is excessive wear. Not withholding, you may have blown an Oring...aka piece of it blown out making an orifice which would account for the noise you are hearing. When you wear them out and fluid slides by the entire circumference, usually you don't hear any noise.

Regardless, consensus is that you need to replace your seal/packing on the lift piston.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #8  
He already solved the problem. It was indeed the seals in the piston. He answer in detail over in the Branson forum.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leakdown #9  
He already solved the problem. It was indeed the seals in the piston. He answer in detail over in the Branson forum.
Thanks for the heads up.