3 pt Hitch Lever slipping?

/ 3 pt Hitch Lever slipping? #1  

Ashland268

Tractor
John Deere 4066R
2020 4066r - 20 hours
First time hooking up mower to 3 point (actually I-Match)
Under Warranty but don’t want to tow it 60 miles one -way.....unless I need to.
Hydraulic fluid A-OK

This past weekend was the first time I’ve used the 3pt lever on my new tractor (bush hog).

When I pull full-back on the lever in the cab the hitch raises, but only a few inches and stops. If I pull back on the lever a little harder, I might get it to raise another inch. From the partially up position, the lever will lower the hitch just fine.

However, if I open the rear window and turn the exterior rock shaft KNOB, the 3 point hitch raises just fine all the way to the top. There are no hydraulic straining noises and the mower itself isn’t binding in any way. Works perfect. I can then lower it to the ground with either the lever or the knob.

When I turn the knob, I can see the lever move in the cab....as it should.

If the knob and the lever are connected, how can this be?

I called the dealer service dept and he said I have to either bring it in for a warranty claim - cautioning me that THEY decide what’s covered under warranty - or they’ll do a customer call for $120 per hour. He was a bit of a jackass on the phone, to be honest.

He also mentioned something about the lever linkage and that you have to take off the rear wheel (loaded) and the interior console to fix it.

Anybody out there have a similar problem that I could learn from?