-31Deg F????????

/ -31Deg F???????? #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Anyone from Watertown NY? Hear it got down to -31 F last night. Coldest temp in the contiguous 48 states and colder than siberia (at least yesterday!) Guess if your pipes don't freeze then they never will /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ -31Deg F???????? #2  
Got to love the snow belt of upstate ny huh? It was pretty cold here in the eastern part of the state, but nowere near that thank God.

/ -31Deg F???????? #3  
Wait until this Thursday night, my friend. It's supposed to be the coldest night of this winter. Heard on NPR this morning this cold blast coming out of Canada is coldest on the face of the earth....colder than the Antarctic. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ -31Deg F???????? #4  
Man, you guys have a whole different world over there. What is the dominant way to heat your homes? What about cows and horses etc., do you have to do something special for them? While we have had a mild winter so far, its also a mixed blessing for without the cooler weather and rain our mountains don't get as much snow and they are our water source for summer water. Today was about 63 degress and right now, about 12:00 AM its 49.1 degrees outside. The almond trees are already blossoming out and I made my first cut last week of my grass area. Good luck with the weather, I guess it gets to be an indoor kinda day when the temperature gets that low, its pretty tough to imagine it being that cold and getting much done outside. Rat...

/ -31Deg F???????? #5  
I have ann all electric home,but I heat with wood,I have a wood furnace tied into my duct work..Heats 2800 sq ft easily on the coldest nights.Our cats, dogs,cattle,chickens,rabbits and 2 miniature goats stay outside,I just make sure they have plenty of hay/feed/water etc and they are fine,although it has not reached -31 at my house,last night we had temperature's in the teens and 45 mph gusts of winds.But even the years when the temperature has dropped to -25 still the animals are taken care of the same way.

/ -31Deg F???????? #6  
Thanks Rat, rub it in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I got to say this has been the COLDEST winter I remember in a LONG time. We normaly get some real cold snaps, but this year it never stopped! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I can only remember a few days where the temps went over 32deg, and WAY to many under 0.

/ -31Deg F???????? #7  
Switch to the celcius scale. The numbers are smaller so it's not as intimidating.

Egon

/ -31Deg F???????? #8  
My brother-in-law lives in Watertown and his fancy weather thermonater went off the scale because it was to cold /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Can't wait until tonight it's supposed to be even colder. Got my garage done just in time. All I have to do is look out my window and if the dogs are at the door it's going to be cold. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care

/ -31Deg F???????? #10  
Egon
Except when you get to negative numbers. -40C and -40F are the same temperature. So there is not too much difference between -31F and its counterpart -35C /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
All I know is that negative numbered temperatures do set well with me, that is why I live in Texas /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Randy