330 Gallon Plastic Totes

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #2  
Buy one for 75 and then you will find them all over for 35-50.

Make sure they have the right fitting for a hose. I prefer the Banjo type fittings for versatility.

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #3  
I think I paid $100 for mine ten years ago. I made sure it had been used for food products and not anything petrol. It had a redish colored syrup still inside of it. I had seen them for less, but didn't need one then, and when I decided that I had to have one, that was the best prices that I could find.

Mine has a big threaded drain at the bottom that I was able to find a PVC threaded fitting for it. Then I just reduced down to what I wanted. My tank is on a trailer and I use it for spraying weeds that I pull behind my tractor or the Mule.

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #4  
They go for 50 bucks here locally.

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #5  
Mine has a valve drain on the bottom with a threaded 90 ell screwed on. Around here when I got mine several years ago a local chemical plant (they get them with epoxy resin in them) would load you up with as many as you could haul for NO CHARGE. I would imagine that they still do. They used to clean them up and still give them away. I had gotten another one a couple years early that was steam cleaned but the last one they said I would have to clean it myself. I just first took a high pressure water hose (150 PSI) and hosed out as much of the liquid resin as I could get then added in a couple gallons of gasoline and swished it around with a broom, then drained it out. Burned the gas / resin mixture. It was really clean then. I now use it to store diesel in. Been using it for at least 6 years now for fuel storage.

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #6  
A few years ago, a neighbor offered them to me for FREE, I took a couple and it was plain to see they were too small for firewood, so I didn't get anymore. He was selling them for $10.00 ea..

They just aren't useful enough for any use that I have, to have any more of them around here.

SR

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #7  
You can get them around here (275 gallon) for around 30? I picked up a cage for $10 several months ago. Some will advertise food grade for up to $50.

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #8  
I plan on using waste oil to heat my new shop and was wondering if they would be suitable for oil storage. How do you determine the condition of the plastic? Anyone experienced leaking?

/ 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #9  
Bought mine for $50. It had 20% vinegar in it.
Also picked up a trailer for free that needed tires and a coupler. Got tires and wheels for $20 and coupler for $15.

IMG_20200125_171559105.jpg

Last edited:
   / 330 Gallon Plastic Totes #10  
The little HF 40x48 inch trailer is a perfect match for an IBC tote. But pulling this over disced ground, the little 8" tires plowed instead of rolled. I finally found a pair of 12" car tires on boat trailer rims for $25. Now it pulls a lot easier.

434833d1438278702-yanmar-186d-front-tyre-sizes-kimg0712rwateronslope-jpg