3510 Tie rod end replacement

/ 3510 Tie rod end replacement #1  

mike0000

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 900, Kubota L3901
looking for a part number/supplier for a Branson 3510 Tie rod end, the threaded end snapped off of my left hand side. I can tell the right side has some play in it, I’d like to replace them both.

Thanks,
Mike

57C43EBC-1A9D-430F-8801-F78C5123C314.jpeg

/ 3510 Tie rod end replacement #2  
Mike here is a link where you can find the parts book for the 10 series.

It shows a upgrade kit but it looks like the same one for the original 20 series. If so, did you ever do the upgrade?

I will do more looking and comparing.

/ 3510 Tie rod end replacement #3  
I wonder how different it is from the original 20 series tractor. I have a old left hand tie rod that is not to bad of shape. The old right hand one I have is junk. If you think it will work you are welcome to it.

/ 3510 Tie rod end replacement
Thank you K5lwq,
I was aware of an upgrade, I have not upgraded though.
I did do a cheat, several years ago, I added a washer under the nut, which removed most of the slop for a while anyway.
I really need both sides, Thanks for the link.
I may take the ball joint to some auto parts suppliers, if I could get the correct taper, I may be able to do a bit of cut and weld…

/ 3510 Tie rod end replacement #6  
Got to do whatever it takes sometimes. Looks like a good temporary fix. (y)

Thanks guys,

I really want to move up to a 240v mig one day, currently I make due with a Lincoln gas mig 110v.
Yep, “what ever it takes sometimes“, Did allow me to get the tractor out of my brothers driveway, where the tie rod snapped on him.

Well, the original tie rods are not available, the upgrade kit costs $700 with tax and shipping. Unbelievable, that will put me over $2k in recent repairs.

/ 3510 Tie rod end replacement #9  
Yes, not cheap by any imagination. The thing that happened to me was they kept sending me left side knuckle arms and no right side. So I paid the $700 and yet to receive a right knuckle arm. I had my old one machined to accept the new tie rod. I am told they will send the right side when they get it in but I doubt they will ever ship it.

Ugg, hate to hear that K5lwq (for both of us), I bit the bullet and order the upgrade kit. I hope it’s not like the HYD pump gear I ordered that took quite a while to get, or a mismatched kit like you received.

Mike