3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #1  

Tye

I was wondering if anyone has made a 3 point hitch bucket that could scoop, transport and dump material. I might be interested in making one for my old john deere tractor. I suppose the bucket would look like a regular loader bucket and you would load it by driving into a load backwards. You could hydraulically angle the bucket to dump if you had a hydraulic center link. If anyone has a picture of one of these I was greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot, have a great day.

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #2  
Sounds like your describing a dirt scoop. Do a search on here for a dirt scoop, should be a pic in there somewhere.

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #3  
Tye Im in the process of making a few of these type buckets for a friends old Farmall and one for his new Kubota. THe kubota has a front end loader but he wans to duouble his capacity hauling wood and mulch. He has a tree service and he wantes to make fewer trips per pile of chips. plus use it as a counter weight.

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #4  
This summer I was at an auction and there was a 72in deep bucket in decent shape and when I saw it I thought of doing the same thing with it. I have a lot of sand to move in building a road in my woods and with one of those and my front bucket I could have moved over a yard at a time. Stupid me, I got to talking with a friend and missed it. It sold for 35bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
It would be very easy to adapt up to the 3pt. I have a small one now but a big one would really work great. I would take a pic of the small one but it is out back in the brush and the pic wouldn't turn out good. But all you would have to do is weld the pivet points on. Then you need a longer cyl to make it curl enough to dump good. But a very doable project.
leaddog

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #5  
Leaddog,

Sounds like a good project. I can visualize the top attachment point located to get the longest cylinder practical- you'll need some of that stroke to curl the bucket while filling it (and keeping it full during transport) My FEL only comes back about 20 degrees and sometimes I wish it had more.

John

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #6  
Ok, I understand what was wanted now. That would be handy once in while with a real bucket back there. Sounds easy enough to do. Just need to measure the throw needed for the HTL after welding on the pin mounts. Mine would be to short, not enough stroke, and would need another cylinder.

Probably don't want to dig with it for fear of bending the 3pt arms but would be great for scooping up stuff.

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #7  
Hey Tye !!

I think i can give you some very useful links....
I think in the Netherlands, (where i live) 3p hitch buckets are just as popular as the front end loader is in Northern America..

The hydro tipped ones:
http://www.hekamp.com/103Eng/tractor/hydrotwin%20eng.htm
gravity tipped ones (latch unlock by hand force)
Hitch category 1: http://www.hekamp.com/103Eng/tractor/tractorbucketsC1.htm
hitch category 2: http://www.hekamp.com/103Eng/tractor/tractorbucketsC2.htm

And this PDF sheet: http://www.peecon.com/engels/PDF/69-70eng.pdf

I think the Peecon design is the easiest if you want to make it in a farm welding shop, instead of an industrial laser cutting shop...

About serious digging: I have dig a lot of earth (over 120 cubical meter) with our old 2 meter wide Hekamp bucket. it is over 10 years old, and last year i have replaced the bucket bottom sheet, because it was rotten and thin, because we use it to clean up horse stables.
The tractor i use with it is a Zetor 5245 mfd. GVW is 3080 kg, 3p lift force is 2200 kg i think.. not sure about the lifting force though..
That is enough weight to dig. But MFD is advisable.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

those Zetor lift arms have no problems with it, not even if you try to dig up oak trees... But when the arm is already bent, it will bend further... (once i hit a concrete ridge....)

Hope that helps..

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #8  
There was a guy that did that, that used to be on one of the earlier TBN renditions. I spoke with him at length about this, as I had no loader on my Kubota. I ended up going with a Scoop till I got my loader, but this guy had a sweet setup on a small JD tractor.

He had Tnt on the back of the tractor. He made a bucket that looked just like you'd find on a front loader. He used the 3pt to lift/lower it, and the hydraulic top link to dump/scoop. I remember it was pretty simple, and as he described it it worked well. I would have done them, but I lacked a welder and fab tools at the time.

The gentleman from Europe posted about a commercial version of this setup. You might get some ideas from that web site...

I can't remember the guys name, or you could look in the old old archives... I think it may have even been while this was a Kubota only site, 4-5 years ago.

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #9  
I have a picture of what you probably want, but have no idea how to post it.
Bud

/ 3ph bucket w/ hydraulic center link #10  
Thls may be what you are looking for. Hope I get the picture loaded.
Bud

Attachments

• 358516-PDRM0011.JPG
    358516-PDRM0011.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 3,779