3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #11  
A big box blade will hold nearly a yard and has a few more uses, but at some volume of dirt and distance it doesn't make sense anymore. I found doing 40-50 yard pulls with my box blade probably about as far you would go while trying to be "efficient". I liked it better than the loader as it did carry more and its faster to load.

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #12  
If you have a well matched tractor and pan you can load it to overflowing in about 30 seconds without bogging the tractor. With too little hp your tractor strains and loses traction and you can't fill the pan. The dirt needs to be tight and firm so it will keep pushing up through the dirt already in the pan. The good old 80/20 rule sets in when the pan starts to get full. The last 20 percent can take 80 percent of the effort required to fill the pan.

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #13  
I pan in construction is usually pushed with a bulldozer to load it most of the time. I think it might work, but it has the possibility of being frustrating.

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #14  
Depends on the dirt you're loading. Topsoil seems to be the hardest to load. If you pre-rip with a subsoiler, just do it every few feet apart, and that will allow enough crowd to load it, plus still give you solid ground for traction. If a person turns it over with a plow to loosen, start at the far end of the cut, and load a short section where the tractor wheels are on undisturbed ground. I prefer the ripped earth(clay), as it breaks up somewhat, and spreads better. Plowed ground may let it dip below the bottom of the furrows, and pick up a huge cube, and may not spread as well. That's the only real problem I see with the one attaching directly to the 3 pt. arms. The ones with the trucks under the front give you a lot more control of the cutting edge, and easier to feather the cut.

I'm guessing most of these smaller scrapers roll over to dump, as mine does. MUCH nicer to have the ejector like on the big ones. They do a much better job of spreading/grading the dirt.

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #15  
I'm surprised these pans don't have teeth!

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #16  
I have a 6-ft wide, 1 or 1-1/2 yard Soilmover pan scraper with mechanical dump. At full dump it can be used to spread and at half-dump it can be used to cut and spread. It works worst in soft sand. Otherwise it works quite well. I've used it to build up roads and just plain spread dirt. It is fitted with scarifier attaching lugs but I've not needed to use scarifiers (yet). This has been towed with a 28 pto hp tractor, 4WD, with no issues. I'm no longer needing it so it would be available if the distance is not too discouraging. I bought it new but would sell it at a decent for you price. It is located in extreme NE Michigan, but not accessible until next spring.

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #18  
I just finished using a 5 yard pan scraper with hydraulic dump bed. Rowse, had 2 wheels up front for steering and support. It was all my 50 horse 4wd tractor could handle...and then I mostly got 3/4 of the bucket full before no more would enter. Rented it from Soil Conservation District..$60 a day...would have been a great deal if I had 100 horse tractor...but real struggle with mine and took a long time to get anything done. I have tight black clay soil...right kind for this scraper, just not enough hp.

/ 3pt hitch towable 1,5yds dirt pan #20  
I just finished using a 5 yard pan scraper with hydraulic dump bed. Rowse, had 2 wheels up front for steering and support. It was all my 50 horse 4wd tractor could handle...and then I mostly got 3/4 of the bucket full before no more would enter. Rented it from Soil Conservation District..$60 a day...would have been a great deal if I had 100 horse tractor...but real struggle with mine and took a long time to get anything done. I have tight black clay soil...right kind for this scraper, just not enough hp.

That is a good deal- somebody up your way should buy it and after completing their work pass it on down towards Dixie where I can use it and pass it on!!