4-in-one bucket or grapple

/ 4-in-one bucket or grapple #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
There have been many posts on this over time. Wanted to get a rock/root grapple from WR Long but now I am thinking that a 4-in-one bucket will be more useful overall. Most of my work will be moving dirt and rocks, leveling, lifting things. The 4-in-one bucket can clamp and lift as well so may be a better compromise. Should have gotten that from the beginning in the first place instead of the regular bucket. Comments

/ 4-in-one bucket or grapple #2  
I have both. A 4n1 on my dozer and a bucket grapple on by Kubota. Each has it own place. The 4n1 excels in hauling logs, rocks and stumps. The grapple on the bucket excels at carrying brush. The 4n1 can carry brush but not as well as the grapple. The grapple has a hard time with logs and stumps and rocks (depending on size).

For my tasks, if I had to choose one over the other I would take the 4n1. Your mileage may vary.

Pics of my son with my equipment in action.

Attachments

• 4n1.jpg
    4n1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 592
  • log move 3a.jpg
    log move 3a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 500
  • my equipment.jpg
    my equipment.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
   / 4-in-one bucket or grapple
Thanks, just ordered a Bradco 4-in-one bucket that is 73 inch wide. Delivery mid January. It is 750 lbs so not quite as heavy as yours on that dozer but hopefully it will hold up. Agree that will be a good compromise.

/ 4-in-one bucket or grapple #4  
I know everyone's circumstances are different but I'd even choose a 4-in-1 over a backhoe. My 4-in-1 gets used A LOT. The backhoe is just an expensive 'weightbox' most of time.