Generator 4-way Log splitter

/ 4-way Log splitter #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
Tractor Supply is now selling two 4-way slip on wedges. One for a 22 ton splitter and the other for a 35 ton. Has anyone bought and used either of these? Larger one on sale for 59.00. Looks small, but I have dead ash trees that are to big to burn as logs. Any thoughts welcome. If the ground was frozen I would put the sections in a tire and split with a axe. Tractor bucket into the truck. Thanks.

/ 4-way Log splitter #2  
I don't understand your post. You still need a log splitter to use them. A wood splitter still works without a 4 way just not as fast.

/ 4-way Log splitter #3  
Tractor Supply is now selling two 4-way slip on wedges. One for a 22 ton splitter and the other for a 35 ton. Has anyone bought and used either of these? Larger one on sale for 59.00.
I haven't ...

Looks small, but I have dead ash trees that are to big to burn as logs. Any thoughts welcome. If the ground was frozen I would put the sections in a tire and split with a axe. Tractor bucket into the truck. Thanks.
My experience with ash here FWIW, is that it splits pretty easy with a maul/wedge/axe ...

/ 4-way Log splitter #4  
I bought one 2 years ago and it works well but can get in the way at times.

/ 4-way Log splitter #5  
I've seen a few of them broken.... You can only use them on fairly easy to split wood.

IF you want more speed and a REAL 4-way, you will have to step up to a MUCH better splitter that's built to last a long long time...

My 4-way never get's in the way, in fact I never take it off, as there's nothing I split that my splitter can't push through it...

standard.jpg

so it stays on full time...

SR

/ 4-way Log splitter #6  
I take mine off when the buck does not need splitting into 4 parts:D. So it does have to come off a times.;) My splitter is a 35 ton so and it has never stopped yet.:licking:

/ 4-way Log splitter #7  
I got one for my 22 ton TSC splitter. It doesn't stay on very well when used on the vertical. In fact, the label on it says it's not made for vertical use. I use my splitter in the vertical mode about 99.9% of the time so it really hasn't helped me much. It works pretty well in the horizontal mode.

/ 4-way Log splitter
Thanks for the feed back. I have several splitters to swap around with friends- close friends. I do not use the vertical much on a 35 ton splitter from Rural King. Used it on some three foot oak that I pushed into place with the Kubota. Used the single wedge to make manageable. Usually three passes. I am looking at the four way wedge to use on my homemade 4'' cylinder horizontal splitter made in 81. Raining outside so wood splitting has turned to setting inside by the fireplace. I have been going to auctions for over forty years and have never seen one. {4 way slip on splitter} May have to drag the old tombstone Lincoln welder out and make one a little heavier.

/ 4-way Log splitter #9  
the wedges are designed for their particular machines. They slide over the splitters wedge and your existing wedge must be designed to accept the new 4 way wedge. They are not a universal one size fitzall.