4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #1  

gaschleimer

Tractor
Troy Built
Hey Ya'll,
I just purchased 37 acres - measuring up. I have about two acres of flat land to mow - easily handled with a big box troy built, but I wanted something to take up the mountain trail hall trees back down, hall lumber to build a deer stand etc... essentially, does an all-in-one, mower / 4 wheeler exist? If so, what's the best?

Thanks

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #2  
It's a little crude, but you might just want to get a side by side and tow one of these things around.

I know they make belly mowers for ATV's, but it sounds like a Side by side with the tow behind is more your speed for hauling stuff etc.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #3  
I just purchased 37 acres in the mountains.

I want something to take up the mountain trail, haul trees back down, haul lumber to build a deer stand etc. What is the best?

Kubota's rough-terrain-vehicles (RTVs) have Kubota (tractor) two-range hydrostatic transmissions, (tractor) limited slip differentials and 4-WD standard. RTVs are work vehicles. $12,000 and up.

MUTS trailers are the best. $2,300 and up.

Ventrac or Steiner tractors are the heavier, more expensive, more versatile choice for mowing hilly land. Ventrac is a division of Toro.

VIDEOS:

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 107

Attachments

• DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 113

Last edited:
   / 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #4  

gaschleimer:​

Adding your LOCATION to your T-B-N PROFILE will get you much better tailored replies to your opening post.

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #5  
   / 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor #7  
IMO for the jobs mentioned you need several pieces of equipment. For the size of the property I'd suggest an ATV or side by side for light hauling and 37 acres of work use. The other would be a compact tractor with a loader and mower. Otherwise for a single piece of equipment you'd need a commercial Bob cat 4wd or the like and they are expensive and then you are stuck with a single vehicle if it breaks down or gets stuck. Multiple pieces of equipment have purpose if not for just towing when one's dead on the trail (which happens) or gets stuck (which happens).

/ 4 Wheel Drive Lawn Tractor

Adding your LOCATION to your T-B-N PROFILE will get you much better tailored replies to your opening post.
Sorry for the inconvenience, the property is in SW VA. Konerach VA if you're familiar. 10 miles west of Damascus

Because there aren't hills in 50 states. :unsure:
Sorry for the inconvenience, the property is in SW VA. Konerach VA if you're familiar. 10 miles west of Damascus