Buying Advice 4052r vs L4760

/ 4052r vs L4760 #1  

Psufan

Tractor
TBD
I’ve done all the research I can possibly do. I’ve narrowed it down to these two tractors in a cab. Both tractors are within 2$k of each other with the Deere being more. The financing rates and term are practically the same.

HP is nearly the same (49vs52)

Deere has a slight edge on loader capacity, but it’s minimal.

The kubota dealer is 5 miles away. The Deere dealer is 20miles.

because Of pandemic conditions there are no tractors available to test drive, so that isn’t an option.

Im hoping to get more info on here from people who might have driven both. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #5  
Only one has HST+. Messicks has a good video on it. It has some useful features, primarily an additional two speed shift under power transmission. So there's six range gears instead of three. It can also automatically downshift when it detects a load.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #6  
both are hydro
The Kubota has high-low range in each of the low, med, high ranges though. So really a 6 speed transmission.
The JD is 3. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but if you have ever driven a truck with a 2 speed rear axle, it can be a HUGE difference in performance.

Just something else to be considered. o_O ;)

/ 4052r vs L4760
Yea people do like the HsT+ on the kubota. That definitely seems like a nice feature….I just have never ran one so don’t know for myself if it’s better than the Deere “load match”.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #8  
I have load match on a smaller series.

I have only used a second range 20% of the time(high-traversing distance.) Otherwise, 80% is in one range(gear)

it would be really hard to chose without test drive

I know you mentioned dealer distance but do you have a sense of individual dealer customer relations?

that would probably push me one way or another

/ 4052r vs L4760
I have load match on a smaller series.

I have only used a second range 20% of the time(high-traversing distance.) Otherwise, 80% is in one range(gear)

it would be really hard to chose without test drive

I know you mentioned dealer distance but do you have a sense of individual dealer customer relations?

that would probably push me one way or another

i think the kubota dealer might have the edge there. They are also so darn close it’s really convenient.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #10  
The 4052R has 39.something "advertised" PTO HP (which is what I really care about). The Kubota has the same...
The Deere also has "loadmatch" which kicks up the RPM to meet the job.
No doubt, both are good tractors...
I have a local Deere dealer and I've had 5 Deeres in the last 20+ years. Always good performers and very little need for dealer service (fingers crossed)
Looks like a coin toss to me...