4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all.

/ 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #1  

tractorhelp

I own a 4110 compact. FYI I'm not a mechanic but I can get by with some simple fixes. For yrs it's been really easy attaching my bushhog or the yorkrake to the tractor until we had transmission issues last year and had my tractor guy rebuild the back end. For some odd reason it's almost impossible to attach the bushhog now since that rebuild last year. Something changed and I dunno what it is. My tractor guy says he might have put in reverse when putting the hitch back together.

My problem is the hitch can't go any narrower to attach my bushhog, it has no problems going wider though to the point it hits the rear tires. Usually I'd adjust the turnbuckle on the swaybar (Attached pic) but it is so tight now it won't even unscrew either direction. Sprayed it with wd and still no luck. Any ideas? Is the sway bar just too tight or the hitch has been put in the wrong order? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4975.JPG
    IMG_4975.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
   / 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #2  
I would say that the guy who put this back together had no idea what he was doing. I don't have the same tractor that you have, but just looking at the photo you sent, this just looks all wrong.

In this photo that I have edited, you can see that the support arm is way out of wack. Also notice that the ball joint is at it limit. (in the circle)

JD 4110 angle.jpg

In this photo that I edited, if you look closely at the turnbuckle, you will see a safety pin that is in the screws, is against the body of the turnbuckle.
JD 4110 turnbuckle.jpg

I is my guess that the arm are on the wrong side of the tractor.

Richard

/ 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #3  
Get a bigger wrench to get the turn buckle to turn.

You can switch them to the other side and try that combination to get different positions.

Schematic of your 4110 showing the parts, likely in the correct positions.

Attachments

• 4110_3ph.jpg
    4110_3ph.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 111
   / 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all.

You can switch them to the other side and try that combination to get different positions.

Based on the schematic it looks right I think no? Attached pic. So if it looks right then it has to be the turnbuckle being maxed out right? I tried using a large plumber's wrench but it's hard getting in that space to even turn it. The only way to turn it with a wrench is if I unattach the arm, etc, from the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
   / 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all.
I would say that the guy who put this back together had no idea what he was doing. I don't have the same tractor that you have, but just looking at the photo you sent, this just looks all wrong.

In this photo that I have edited, you can see that the support arm is way out of wack. Also notice that the ball joint is at it limit. (in the circle)

View attachment 748254

Richard
I noticed too the ball joints were out of whack like it's maxed out to the left and right which would explain why I can't narrow the hitch to fit my bushhog. But I'm wondering if the turnbuckle can get turned it may fix it?

/ 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #6  
Have you tried flipping the lower arms 180*?

/ 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #7  
Get a marker ... Put a dot on the left connecting link. That's the piece that connects the draft link to the lifting arm of the three point. Take the left connecting link off, then reattach it with the dot 180 degrees . (dot should now be facing front) ...

Edit .. My above post is incorrect. Spanner 's post #9 is correct.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Last edited:
   / 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #8  
Those sway controls are turned in all the way , get a big wrench on them , sometimes the threads will get jammed so tight it will strip the threads , Had this happen on our old massey, That lift arm looks bent up also,

/ 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #9  

Note the location of Spacer Bushing (#29) in the diagram. It should be outboard of the Draft Arm (#18) as shown in the diagram posted by 'BeenThere'.

/ 4110 turnbuckle (?) on 3 point hitch is too tight, can't move it at all. #10  
In the photo's posted by the OP the bushing (#29) is seen to be 'inboard' of the Draft Arm (#18) which is incorrect.

(Most clearly seen in the pic in Post #4.) Both sides (L&R)

Easily remedied.