48” finish mower.

/ 48” finish mower. #1  

Goose1776

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey 2706e
Not sure if this is all factory, as it was used, and I’m not sure of the age
But I was surprised to not find grease zerks, for the spindles, only to be told to look under the deck, and voila, there they are.
and that it has a cutting height of up to almost 6”.
Also a few years of neglect, can lead to a lot of acorns and debris under the covers.
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
   / 48” finish mower. #3  
I would like to put a hydraulic motor on my FM and flail. Just not sure about heating up the oil. My hydraslide has it's own oil reservoir.

/ 48” finish mower. #4  
Not sure if this is all factory, as it was used, and I’m not sure of the age
But I was surprised to see sealed spindles, and that it has a cutting height of almost 6”.
Also a few years of neglect, can lead to a lot of acorns and debris under the covers. View attachment 707502View attachment 707503
Looks like there are collars on the wheels, might move them above the fixed journal. Not sure though.

/ 48” finish mower.
It does adjust to cut lower, by moving the collars around on the shafts. And moving the rear wheels to different holes.
I was just surprised it would cut up to 6” high, as I thought they told me it only went to 4”
I wanted it set as high as possible, to cut a clover patch.

/ 48” finish mower. #6  
I have found that cutting tall grass the grass tends to wrap around the shafts of the blade especially the center and right ones, so check every so often.

/ 48” finish mower. #7  
It does adjust to cut lower, by moving the collars around on the shafts. And moving the rear wheels to different holes.
I was just surprised it would cut up to 6” high, as I thought they told me it only went to 4”
I wanted it set as high as possible, to cut a clover patch.
Your deck's leading edge is at 6. I don't think your blade height is, though. I have. the same setup on my 60" deck.

I "lost" my belt covers a long, long time ago. :unsure: