4WD selector seized to Gear selector!

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #1  

SilverB

Tractor
2015 Mahindra Emax 25 HST
Well some pet trouble (sick dog) left the Emax outside uncovered for almost a month without use or maintenance since I was over 5 hours away. When I got home I couldnt move the 4wd selector separately from the HST gear selector, it looks like the 4wd selector is a sleeve that slides over the shaft for the gear selector, Im going to try to heat it and free it up tonight, has anyone else seen this happen? If so is there a way to dismantle the two so I could add a grease nipple to the 4wd sleeve?
The tractor is still under warranty, but seems like less hassle to fix myself instead of trailering it to the dealer.

I know this is a TYM designed tractor, so maybe some TYM guys have seen this before.

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #2  
Well some pet trouble (sick dog) left the Emax outside uncovered for almost a month without use or maintenance since I was over 5 hours away. When I got home I couldnt move the 4wd selector separately from the HST gear selector, it looks like the 4wd selector is a sleeve that slides over the shaft for the gear selector, Im going to try to heat it and free it up tonight, has anyone else seen this happen? If so is there a way to dismantle the two so I could add a grease nipple to the 4wd sleeve?
The tractor is still under warranty, but seems like less hassle to fix myself instead of trailering it to the dealer.

I know this is a TYM designed tractor, so maybe some TYM guys have seen this before.

Maybe try a little PB Blaster or some sort of penetrating lube to get it freed up. Some say a mix of acetone and ATF work well too.

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector!
Tried penetrating fluid, even tried deep freeze then hitting the collar of the 4wd selector with a hammer, still no movement. Im worried when trying to free it that Im going to snap the levers off.
Im going to try heating it with an Oxy/acet torch tonight and see if I can free it with vise grips. Should I be worried about heating the shaft going into the transmission too much? I dont want to melt any o-rings or seals

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #4  
Try tapping the forward and reverse pedal while your trying to move it. Sometimes putting the tractor in motion helps with shifts.

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #5  
and I mean just barley make it move don't get the tractor full speed jerkin on the lever

The tractor still shifts in and out of H/N/L really smoothly, but if Im in HI Im in 2wd and if Im in LO Im in 4WD, which actually isnt the end of the world, but Id still prefer them to work properly.
Also because the levers are stuck together, I cant get the shifter all the way into low or hi because the 4wd lever hits its stop before the gear lever.

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #7  
OHHH the levers theirself are stuck my bad... its that washer that's in between them id be using heat for sure... there is always a worry when putting heat to a lever but just try bits at a time and go from there. id concentrate on that washer/spacer which most likely wont like much heat at all

So I tried heat, and checked the washer between them, the washer spins freely and if I pull the pin out of the gear lever it rotates freely, so it is the actual 4wd lever collar that is seized to the shaft. Im at a loss on this one and am ready to sacrifice the part and cut it off. Im comfortable welding so my plan was to cut this one off and weld up a new 4wd lever (with a grease nipple which it should have in the first place)
Any advice on how to cut a 2.5" long, 3/16" thick steel collar off of a 3/4" thick shaft without damaging the shaft too badly? Im not worried about making a few marks since I can fill weld and smooth down after.

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #9  
Ummmmmm no lol some good buffing cloth will be in your future

/ 4WD selector seized to Gear selector! #10  
If its under warranty, let your dealer handle it before you go cutting and welding ,as once you get to that point your not going to get it fixed under warranty if you run into problems.

But if you insist on trying it to repair your self, would it be posssible to drill a small hole in the collar on the shifter but not into the shaft. Maybe towards the center to get some pentrant oil to the middle or posiblly grease pumped in?