5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #51  
Long shot but try home owners for storm damage.

We have 3 vehicles on full coverage and 1 with liability only. Two 69 yo safe drivers. $950 every 6 months.

I don't know of any auto insurance that writes annual policies.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today
Long shot but try home owners for storm damage.

We have 3 vehicles on full coverage and 1 with liability only. Two 69 yo safe drivers. $950 every 6 months.

I don't know of any auto insurance that writes annual policies.

I've been with CSAA and they are year policies... you do have the option for monthly billing for a fee if I remember...

Also have a classic auto policy and it is annually too...

Only two companies I have ever done business with for auto...

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #54  
I am not sure I know the exact problem, I looked it up. It almost sounds like maybe there is already a leak in the manifold, water leaks in, puddles on the manifold and then gets sucked in and hydro locks. Or does it leak and get sucked in through the air filter? Either way it takes quite a bit of water to hydro lock a gas engine. Looks like a known problem of course most people would not know it until after the fact.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #55  
I drove two Dakotas, but always found the size and form of the Durango quite attractive. No awards ever won for fuel economy though. Dakota or Durango!

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #56  
I feel that if a part fails, I replace it, Whether it is small or large. If that Durango is in the shape you say it is, that to me would be a no-brainer. Fix it and keep it. Re-sale value has no say in the matter. Keep the receipts so that if someone totals it for them, they can prove it has a new engine. **** nice SUV for 2-4K with a NEW engine to boot.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #57  
I feel that if a part fails, I replace it, Whether it is small or large. If that Durango is in the shape you say it is, that to me would be a no-brainer. Fix it and keep it. Re-sale value has no say in the matter. Keep the receipts so that if someone totals it for them, they can prove it has a new engine. **** nice SUV for 2-4K with a NEW engine to boot.

He said a new engine will be $6000.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today
The only prior issues are fuel mileage and front rotors... fuel mileage was a given that was soften by a 50% drop in the cost of a gallon but this is changing quicky going up 50 cents in the last two weeks

The rotor issue was solved by aftermarket competition rotors.

Family of 5 and plus room for the grandparents.

We never get 4 inches of rain and have been in a drought for years... last week we had a rain event...

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #60  
Time to find a different shop, or learn how to rebuild the engine oneself.

Aaron Z

He said it put a rod through the block. There’s not much fixing that.