5 dangerous things you should let your kids do

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Gever Tulley 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do | Video on TED.com
great video Gever Tulley, founder of the Tinkering School, spells out 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do -- and why a little danger is good for both kids and grownups.
Video is about 5, but he is writing about about 50 things.

1. ues Fire
2. own a pocket knife
3. throw a spear
4.deconstruct appliances
5.drive a car
(I was lucky enough to do all)

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #2  
6. Express your ideas/opinions (conditions permitting). This is a skill that needs to be developed and managed. Nobody enjoys a persone who tells you exactly what they are thinking all the time. On the other hand, an individual often needs to express themselves honestly to be taken seriously by their peers. Ideas can be the most dangerous things a person can mess around with.

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #3  
Gever Tulley 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do | Video on TED.com
great video Gever Tulley, founder of the Tinkering School, spells out 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do -- and why a little danger is good for both kids and grownups.
Video is about 5, but he is writing about about 50 things.

1. ues Fire
2. own a pocket knife
3. throw a spear
4.deconstruct appliances
5.drive a car
(I was lucky enough to do all)

7. Shoot a gun. Great way to teach them respect for firearms...

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #4  
Yep, I did all 5 when I was a kid (except mine was a spear gun). Great lessons learned. All good ways to learn how to respect the power of things and placing them in your control.

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #5  
8: Learn how to reload ammunition, Under constant adult supervision. And shown the consequences of what happens when you make a mistake, you really have a feel for responsibility.. I started reloading at age 6. Might not be for everyone, but it worked for me. I took it seriously even at that age. By the way I did all the others too.. Had that first pocket knife at age 5.. Did I cut myself.. darn tooting, I did, I learned not to do that no more. Fired first rifle at age 4 and first handgun at age 6. All under strict adult supervision of course.. I was turned loose with a .22 rifle at age 12 and a .22 handgun at age 13. I nor anyone else have any extra holes in them because of that.

James K0UA

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #6  
Drive a tractor

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #8  
Fortunate to do all of those and then some.

My dad still tells me the story when he played with matches way back when and burned the barn down :/ Lesson Learned? lol

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do #9  
No spear, that I recall unless a bow and arrow counts, but the other four were part of growing up for my kids.

/ 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do
I was trying to put together a list in my head of the 50 that he will use for the book,
I agree shooing a gun would be in there,
driving a tractor/car could be seen as the same.
Spears I guess lawn darts before they recalled them would count.
I have never reloaded but its on my list of things to learn.
I think they need to build things(tree house)but that can be covered under the power tools.
I was just thinking that almost everything on that list I did in the boy scouts.