50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130)

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #1  

L3130

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
I don't have the time to do it myself. What do you think it will run for a L3130 with loader and backhoe in NH?

Thanks

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #2  
Probably more than you think. Why not call one and get a quote?

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #3  
OK, I'll be the first to wager a bet. I'm guessing the better part of a grand, especially if there is a transport charge.

Might think about tasking the job to someone who needs a buck? A Jr College guy or even a HS senior who is sharp. It isn't rocket science. A mechanic on his off hours to make a buck. You could pay someone $100, provide the materials and still save half. Just an idea. Lot of folks need the money these days. Wouldn't have the whole transportation issue either.

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #4  
Your first 50hr service is the most important one. Its changing all your break in fluids and filters. On average it will prob run about $500 to $600. After that it shouldnt be to bad.

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #5  
Your first 50hr service is the most important one. Its changing all your break in fluids and filters. On average it will prob run about $500 to $600. After that it shouldnt be to bad.

Does this model require dumping all the hydro fluid at 50 hours or just change the filters? What does your manual call for on that?

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #6  
Does this model require dumping all the hydro fluid at 50 hours or just change the filters? What does your manual call for on that?

I was comparing a MF1500 series. That included completly changing all the fluids and filters. Oil and hyd. Did not include inner air filter, doubt it needs it yet.

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #7  
I have a Kubota M108X with loader and the 50 hour service cost me almost $500 CD and I did the work myself. It's recomended you do it yourself, not to save but to get to know your tractor, I took two days, followed the manual and found it quite easy to do, I kept records and digital photos of all I do on my tractor, before and after. But I am retired and have the time and place to do the work.

Jim

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #8  
I have a Kubota M108X with loader and the 50 hour service cost me almost $500 CD and I did the work myself. It's recomended you do it yourself, not to save but to get to know your tractor, I took two days, followed the manual and found it quite easy to do, I kept records and digital photos of all I do on my tractor, before and after. But I am retired and have the time and place to do the work.

Jim

Glad you do yours urself. Thats the best way to learn your machine but as far as the first service goes i recomend a dealer does the work so it is documented that it was done at the right time and will help with any warranty issues later. After that do them urself and say that money.:thumbsup:

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130)
If you can beleive this the dealer could not give a price. I'm doing it myself. I was a mechanic for over 20 years so I'm sure I can handle it, Now I just need to find the time. What do think it will cost me for material/oils etc? Thanks for all your input.

/ 50 hour service price from dealer in NH (L3130) #10  
What do think it will cost me for material/oils etc? Thanks for all your input.

$100 for 10 gal of UDT hyd oil, $50 for both hyd filters, $10 for the engine
oil filter, and $12 for 5 qt of 15W40 Delo engine oil. Also 1.5 gallons of gear
oil for the front axle if 4WD, $20.

Don't forget to remove ALL hyd oil drain plugs, and both engine oil drain
plugs. Clean off the hyd oil intake screen, too.

As for finding (making) the time to do this, it will take less time than
loading and transport to/from a dealer, most likely.

So, roughly $200.